turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite movie on the big screen

Started by savduck, June 30, 2011, 10:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Was watching Lord of the Rings, Return of the King tonight. Probably my favorite movie ever on the big screen.

This scene gave me chill bumps at the movies. Wondering what everyone elses favorites were

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luyMK-rt9O0&feature=related
Georgia Boy

OLE RASPY

This scene gave me chill bumps at the movies.

Yep id say so. :icon_thumright:

bird

Any of the Bond Movies, especially the older ones like Live and Let Die.  John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies are true classics to watch and difficult to just pick one but as far as scenery on the big screen goes then I would have to go with Dances With Wolves or Jeremiah Johnson.

savduck

The Dark Knight comes in a close second for me.
Georgia Boy

Hognutz

Jeremiah Johnson or Dances with Wolves.  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

stinkpickle

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  The scene with Phoebe Cates getting out of the pool was fantastic on the big screen.  Yep...that's definitely in my top 10.   ;)

Stoner

One you all probably do not remember, the Wild Geese with Roger Moore, Richard Burton, Hardy Kruger, and Richard Harris. Story about mercenaries in Africa.

Jay

Great clip from Lord of the Rings. It would be hard to nail my favorites down to a few. The movie that I've watched the most over the years was Quiet Man with John Wayne. Just loved that movie, and never get tired of watching it.

hookedspur

Mine would be a movie called, Where The Red Fern Grows .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Basser69

Way to many to list just one.... If I had to call it I would have to say JAWS!

guesswho

I like Jeremiah Johnson.  Some of the dialouge just cracks me up.

"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll get you another!"

"I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do hereby leaveth my bear rifle to whatever finds it, Lord hope it be a white man. It is a good rifle, and killt the bear that killt me. Anyway, I am dead. Yours truly, Hatchet Jack."
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

lightsoutcalls

Lord of the Rings trilogy was great!  Just watched the first one again a couple of weeks ago.  A memorable scene for me was when the hobbits were hiding under the tree roots where the black riders stopped to smell for them...

The special effects of the horses breath was so eerie...

I love westerns.  One that stands out for me was made in the 50's (before my time) and featured my all time favorite actor, Jimmy Stewart.  The movie was Bend In the River. 

My favorite line from the movie was :
Emerson Cole: I'll be seeing you, Glyn.
Glyn McLyntock: You'll be seeing me. You'll be seeing me. Everytime you bed down for the night, you'll look back to the darkness and wonder if I'm there. And some night, I will be. You'll be seeing me!

One more of my favorites was Blackhawk Down.  I wish I had seen it in the theatre, but surround sound at home isn't too bad.  A memorable visual was where the shell casings were raining down on the roof out of the mini-gun. That is some serious firepower!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

longbox

Gotta say Jerermiah Johnson is number one.
Waffle House Pro Staff
It's not the years it's the mileage

redarrow

Band Of Brothers    and "The Blues Brothers" although many years ago I really enjoyed Sidney Potier in My Brother Joshua. I think.????

vaturkey

Where The Red Fern Grows  !!   

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey