OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pattern results

Started by hunter85, April 30, 2023, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter85

I patterned my NEF SB2 10ga turkey model. Ranges were done by my laser rangefinder and shot from a lead sled at standard poster board. Weather was really probably to windy to get the best patterns.  Loads were Mag blends 2 3/8 loads and the stock choke and a Pattern Master .695. Numbers were counted from the center point of the aim point as it would be in a hunting situation. First shot was at 40 with the stock choke and poi landed high and resulted in 64/10 and 137/20. I adjusted aim and it seemed to hit low and right a touch resulting in 53/10-165/20 the best numbers were 130/10. The stock choke at 20 was 333/10-119/20. The Pattern Master did give better numbers but also faded low and right at 40 I got a 129/10-183/20 with the best cluster at 145/10 the 20 numbers are 354/10-91/20. For hunting patterns if I can get the poi and poa worked out both chokes in my opinion will give hunting patterns of 100/10 with the 20 being favored to the stock choke for more give for oops factor. I will say I am not someone that is recoil sensitive but after shooting five rounds from a lead sled the thoughts of removing the bar stock from the butt stock are gone as this thing is a thumper.

357MAGNOLE

What shells are you using? Those numbers seem low for a 10G. I shoot a 20 and have had about same or better numbers from non tss loads.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

hunter85

Environmental mag blends 3.5 2 3/8 oz 5,6,7. The 10 in at 40 is a little lower than I expected for the best 10 in. I need to shoot it some more to get the poa and poi worked out

deadbuck

It wasnt the gun that kicked, it was the shell. 10 ga Magblends are the hardest recoiling shells known to man. Those numbers you quoted are LOW for a 10 ga. Can you post a pic of the targets?

hunter85

Quote from: deadbuck on May 01, 2023, 10:47:25 AM
It wasnt the gun that kicked, it was the shell. 10 ga Magblends are the hardest recoiling shells known to man. Those numbers you quoted are LOW for a 10 ga. Can you post a pic of the targets?
I can't get pictures to load it is says it is a error in the domain or something like that when try to post from my iPhone

357MAGNOLE

Go to this website. https://imgbb.com/

Click the upload button, select your image, then hit upload. Once it's uploaded click the drop down for the full html BBC code. Copy that code and paste it on here.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson