OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rugged cell phones

Started by TnTurk, June 30, 2011, 12:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TnTurk

I'm getting ready for an upgrade on my cell phone.  I am way to rough on a phone and really don't need or use one of those high tech devices. I think I have narrowed it down to two phones through my carrier AT&T. One is the Motorola Tundra and the other is the Samsung Rugby II. So, if any of you have any experience with either of these phones or would like to offer up other suggestions, feel free to go right ahead.

Basser69

I work construction and all I can say is OTTER BOX case. I have an I phone and knock it off my side 10-15 times a day on the concrete. When I am working the dock.

northwoodshntr

Samsung Rugby II  ALL THE WAY!!! I'm on my second, I got the second w/ my new contract. It was recommended to me by a fire fighter friend. Another friend's survived a bar room hockey game with IT as the puck (gotta love northern Wisconsin). I've heard they can make it though the washing machine, per AT&T cust. svc. I'm pretty timid with mine but it survives the bumps drops cluncks of life. Mil spec dust, water and vibration RESISTANT. Friends that had the Motorola were disappointed

Reloader

My cousin has had the Tundra for a while and likes it.

Too bad the better Rugged Phones are only available through other carriers.  ATT rugged selection is pretty thin.

gobbler74

Otterbox, Trident, among other cases..will help protect even more. Ive heard bad reviews on some of the factory so called tough phones..that some arent what they are cracked up to be.   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

longspur

Idon't know if AT&T carry it but I use a Casio Brigade. pretty tough and waterproof

Turkey Trot

One can get an unlocked phone.

A friend has had the Tundra a long while and likes it.  I've put off buying one because they are so expensive.

I am going to look into the Samsung and Casio units mentioned above.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

derek

I have the rugby.. this is the video that convinced me as I was constantly putting phones in the drink somehow while duck hunting. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv9fgLnYXuc

I've had it completely submerged myself (not on purpose) as well as dropped it on numerous occasions and its yet to have a hiccup..

My father bought the rugby II when it was time for him to switch over.. its very similar.   
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Gobble!

iphone and a Otter Box Defender Case

gotcha

On my second Tundra and got a new spare in the box.Been using them since they came out.I use mine in a saltwater enviourment,it holds up well.Gets a signal{att}when others will not.The external antenna is the weak link if you carry it in your pocket.

Old Gobbler

I have the 1st version Oakley phone case {now unavailable }for the first version  iPhone , and I installed a screen saver , I cant say it is tougher than a Otter case but for several years it has survived some nasty drops

First thing anyone needs to do when purchasing a phone is review ho they are going to protect the device from damage
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon