OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is this an early version of the Spec 1 Legend?

Started by Tom007, April 20, 2023, 09:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I've collected a few of these Red-head version Cody Slate calls over the years. They sound real good. One of Cody's premier calls is the Spec 1 Legend Slate. Visually, the pots on these calls look to every similar, almost identical. I wondering if this actually is an early version of the Legend? Cody does make a fine call for sure.....
"Solo hunter"

worth612000

Does it sound the same to you? Can you shine a light in the holes and see if it has the same soundboard?

Tom007

Quote from: worth612000 on April 20, 2023, 11:21:54 AM
Does it sound the same to you? Can you shine a light in the holes and see if it has the same soundboard?

I don't have a legend, but I have a first year Spec 1. It has a wood soundboard from the looks of it. The Red head Slate has wood showing in the center hole, and it looks like glass in the outer holes. The Redhead Slate has a softer, lower pitched sound.
"Solo hunter"

worth612000

That's o.k. I still have never heard a bad Cody call. It will get the job done, softer = Sultry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Yea, it has a nice sound.......Cody's are real nice calls for sure. Be well...
"Solo hunter"

fishr64

I don't remember seeing those at Bass Pro. They look similar to the Oak series and some of their other promotional pot calls, but have never handled any. It looks like a two piece pot but with the bottom being added beneath the sides, instead of wrapped by the sides. (The pictures look that way to me and they remind me of a Sneed pot.) They also remind me of the Drop Dead series, but without the decorative sides.

Is one a slate, if so is it Frey or green? Cool calls Tom!!

Tom007

Quote from: fishr64 on April 21, 2023, 09:39:58 AM
I don't remember seeing those at Bass Pro. They look similar to the Oak series and some of their other promotional pot calls, but have never handled any. It looks like a two piece pot but with the bottom being added beneath the sides, instead of wrapped by the sides. (The pictures look that way to me and they remind me of a Sneed pot.) They also remind me of the Drop Dead series, but without the decorative sides.

Is one a slate, if so is it Frey or green? Cool calls Tom!!

Both are grey slates. It sounds good, little less raspy than my Spec 1. A bit lower pitched....
"Solo hunter"

fishr64

A couple nice additions you got there. I bet they do sound good too.