Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

* Lacire G.O.A.T.S Quotes Appreciation Thread *

Started by lacire, April 19, 2023, 08:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lacire

Well, with our states March 25th opening date long past, the long, cold, wet winter weather finally looks like it's starting to turn to spring. The ten day, long range forecast shows quite a few sunny days coming up and I've received some reports that a few Toms have started to gobble down in the valleys. With that said, I wish to thank last years champions, the great fellows over on the Goats Strategy board with providing me with all the suggestions for a proper hunt this year. In time for this hunt I was able to purchase a Redhead decoy stake, a Funky chicken, an E-call, one case of Depends, three factory fresh boxes of TSS, a cassette tape of Marty Robbins greatest hits, a 14" Bowie knife in case I find myself inside the belly of an alligator and one copy of the NIV. So with new found confidence in my inabilities, I'm heading out tomorrow.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

snoman4

JeffC

Good luck my friend, stay safe. Are you hunting with your son?

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

lacire

Quote from: JeffC on April 19, 2023, 08:19:20 PM
Good luck my friend, stay safe. Are you hunting with your son?

Yah Jeff I'll be hunting with him till I die, it'll be a good way to go  :icon_thumright:

lacire

Quote from: snoman4 on April 19, 2023, 08:17:56 PM
Good luck brother.

Thanks snoman.

lacire

Quote from: Happy on April 19, 2023, 09:06:42 PM
Go get'em tiger.

I'm going to try Happy, thank you.

snoman4

Me and Muzzy61 will be at it this weekend, which is our last.  We have a big bird that is giving us fits.

JeffC

Good luck Snowman and Muzzy, hope to scout Jersey for opener on Monday..

lacire

Quote from: snoman4 on April 19, 2023, 09:27:53 PM
Me and Muzzy61 will be at it this weekend, which is our last.  We have a big bird that is giving us fits.

Those are the ones you remember, good luck.

lacire

I'm getting the car packed up and should be outta here in the next hour or so.  :wave:

lacire

Tapatalk is not my friend, I've written an update three times and it keeps timing out, moving it to a draft and now it looks like it deleted it. Suffice to say I had a bird down yesterday afternoon, it was an exciting hunt. Pictures will have to follow when I get back home. Score 55.4. Heading out this morning to try our luck again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffC

See us old guys still can hunt!! Way to go Lacire!! Looking forward to story and pictures.  :happy0064: :anim_25:

snoman4

Quote from: lacire on April 21, 2023, 08:22:27 AM
Tapatalk is not my friend, I've written an update three times and it keeps timing out, moving it to a draft and now it looks like it deleted it. Suffice to say I had a bird down yesterday afternoon, it was an exciting hunt. Pictures will have to follow when I get back home. Score 55.4. Heading out this morning to try our luck again.

Heck yeah Congrats!

Muzzy61

Quote from: lacire on April 21, 2023, 08:22:27 AM

Congrats, Good job!