OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Smaller pot call for kids

Started by aclawrence, April 19, 2023, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2023, 09:59:54 AM
Don't overlook getting him a nice trumpet, never too young to learn how to use one of these either....  I wished i had got one years/years ago....
He does like to mess around with mine.  Good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jeremy

My 10 year old started on this one, and has now moved on to using a Yingling 3" copper.  My 7 year old is now playing this little sonic dome multiple times a day.

Big Jeremy

Another pic for size reference purposes. The little sonic dome is tiny, but produces pretty good sound. Pretty surprising call.

aclawrence

I haven't seen the sonic dome but I do have an old power crystal I killed some birds with back when I first started turkey hunting. Thanks.

spurs2bgobblin

Just dawned on me. Look up the HS Strut Lil Deuce calls. They come in slate, glass, and ceramic. The best sounding one to me is the ceramic Lil VooDeuce. Very good price and pretty durable too.

"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

aclawrence

Quote from: spurs2bgobblin on April 21, 2023, 05:24:51 PM
Just dawned on me. Look up the HS Strut Lil Deuce calls. They come in slate, glass, and ceramic. The best sounding one to me is the ceramic Lil VooDeuce. Very good price and pretty durable too.

I remember those little calls.  My friend had one and I had a Black Widow.