OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Well… I did it again…

Started by Tandin93, April 16, 2023, 12:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tandin93

Drove almost 6 hours to pick this one up today, and I'm in love!!
2001 Beretta AL391 Urika Youth 20 gauge
This gun is crazy light!!
It is such a sweet shooter, and it is in much better condition than I imagined when I first saw pics.
Thanks to the staff at Michael Murphy and Sons for all the help with the purchase!

I will be patterning this one in the next few days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffC

Looks like its brand new. Good luck with it, what plans do you have for it?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tandin93

Quote from: JeffC on April 16, 2023, 03:38:03 PM
Looks like its brand new. Good luck with it, what plans do you have for it?
Well, I was going to cerakote the receiver and barrel distressed bronze and leave the stock natural, as well as drill and tap the receiver for an optic. Now that I have it in hand and it is in such good shape, I'm hesitant to do anything with it! I may just end up putting a Meadow Creek mount on it and hunting it just like it is.

cutt down

The Murphys are great people! I use a tru-glo rib mount on my ATI Cavalry. I feel it is a little heavier built than the Meadow Creek but that's my .02! Nice find on the Urika. That's an awesome find!!!

Tandin93

Quote from: cutt down on April 18, 2023, 06:11:39 PM
The Murphys are great people! I use a tru-glo rib mount on my ATI Cavalry. I feel it is a little heavier built than the Meadow Creek but that's my .02! Nice find on the Urika. That's an awesome find!!!
Thanks! I'm super excited about it!
It was my first time being there, but they have an awesome facility and were great help! I will definitely be back!

Thanks for the tip on the mount. I will look into that!

901CritterGitter

Mercy what a find
I bet that is sweet feeling to point. Im with you , itd be hard to coat that gun

Guskie

I've got two 391's and they are super nice shotguns. A .575 carlson choke and Apex 9s are a tough combo

Tandin93

Quote from: Guskie on April 18, 2023, 10:49:30 PM
I've got two 391's and they are super nice shotguns. A .575 carlson choke and Apex 9s are a tough combo
Thanks! I will have to give that a shot! I'm already on the lookout for another one that I can do some customizations on!

Greenhead12

Very nice! I had a 391 20 gauge and loved it, wish I never sold it. I have been on the hunt for another one for the last few years.

Tandin93

Quote from: Greenhead12 on April 19, 2023, 07:00:57 AM
Very nice! I had a 391 20 gauge and loved it, wish I never sold it. I have been on the hunt for another one for the last few years.
Thanks! My grandpa had two xtrema 2's that I used a lot when I was younger to duck hunt. I always loved those shotguns! This is the first 20 gauge that I have had in a 391, and it will definitely not be the last!

Guskie

Check out Sinclair for a front sling stud attachment. That was a hard part to track down for the 20 gauge 391s

Tandin93

Quote from: Guskie on April 19, 2023, 04:04:23 PM
Check out Sinclair for a front sling stud attachment. That was a hard part to track down for the 20 gauge 391s
Ok. I will check them out. I was wondering about that. Thanks!

liquid_vox

I have the exact same gun and it's been sitting in my safe for years. Always wanted to make it a turkey gun. Please share what ammo/choke tube combo yours likes!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Greg Massey

Congrats on your new gun ...