OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cocobolo variety

Started by moyehow, April 14, 2023, 08:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyehow

3 different colors of cocobolo.   Text me if interested.  Calls range in price from 150-165.  912 286-7733.   These will not last long.  Appreciate y'all!  Dark one and middle ones are SOLD.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishr64

Beautiful wood and work!! Is that dark call on the left darker because the wood aged, or is some Cocobola wood that dark right away? (Just curious as I've never seen it like that before.)

moyehow

I'm not real sure.   It could be the region it's from or age?  I would be lying if I told you I knew.   

rong

I don't know anything about the different colors of Cocobolo either, But I can state that the pic does not do the dark colored trumpet justice. I have one and in the sunlight you would be amazed at the deep red and purple color of this wood and the very wild, and wavy grain pattern. I'll also state that it is one of the best sounding and easy to run trumpets I own. Get them while you can at this price. Once word starts spreading I got a feeling the price will not stay where it's at and availability might not be so easy.

chbarnha

That middle one with the sapwood is awesome!

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

GregGwaltney

They are all nice, but that dark one is very unique and especially beautiful to me.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet