OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Box Call(s)?

Started by Lone Star Eastern, April 12, 2023, 12:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger

Collector type calls are meant for heavy use too, there's a reason why they're considered collectible and hopefully its because they talk turkey. Lamar's Walnut over and Cedar and Steve Mann's Walnut and Butternut both are killers.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

HillclimberWV

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 12, 2023, 02:11:00 PM
Quote from: paboxcall on April 12, 2023, 01:23:48 PM
I'd order a Spring Creek short box. One piece, hand tuned and to the sound your ear prefers.

Quality between that and anything that comes in a plastic blister pack hanging in a box store is, more often than not, incomparable, and Spring Creek doesn't break the bank.

:z-winnersmiley:

For a few dollars more than the Lynch, a Spring Creek box or a Ferocious box will be hand made by one man from start to finish.  It will be ALL turkey.

Mike and Kip make outstanding calls !!
I can vouch for this statement. Have one from both and they are great. Also both guys are top notch to deal with.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Lcmacd 58

You get what you pay for ... just saying

Bedge7767

Jim

Sir-diealot

I am still pretty inexperienced but of the 7 or so I own Watkins is number one for me and then the Russell Beard Longbox I have. I have one coming soon that could change my mind though.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ferocious calls

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on April 18, 2023, 10:40:57 PM
You get what you pay for ... just saying

Most times I would agree, however not this time. You won't know until you get Ferocious.

Mabren2

I've never hunted a box until this year.  Jeff White made a generous offer on this site right before the opener for me, and since I was already considering adding a custom box to the vest, I decided to bite.  The call is very easy to run (even for a new to boxes hunter), full of turkey, and has already accounted for 2 kills in 3 hunts, so I'll gladly give a plug for Jeff's boxes. Very nice fellow and easy to make a deal with, too.

Riley1

Jeff White builds a killer box!

hawkeye1958

David Halloran, great sounding and well built.

243kid

SS makes some field grade boxes

Lone Star Eastern

Quote from: 243kid on June 06, 2023, 02:01:15 PM
SS makes some field grade boxes
SS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Lcmacd 58

turkey stew

Wvgobbler

SS custom call anything they build is top notch.... Long box or short box.