turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Box Call(s)?

Started by Lone Star Eastern, April 12, 2023, 12:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Star Eastern

If you could only carry one box call in the woods, what would it be? Not a collector type call, but one that is meant for heavy use, and is realistically priced.

I'm looking to upgrade, and right now, I'm leaning towards Lynch World Champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prohunter3509

You probably hit the nail on the head

Lone Star Eastern

Quote from: Prohunter3509 on April 12, 2023, 12:45:36 PM
You probably hit the nail on the head
I'm a bit thrown off by the rubber bands. Do most people leave them and the eyelets on there?

paboxcall

I'd order a Spring Creek short box. One piece, hand tuned and to the sound your ear prefers.

Quality between that and anything that comes in a plastic blister pack hanging in a box store is, more often than not, incomparable, and Spring Creek doesn't break the bank.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

moonman

If I could only have one box it would be my Lynch foolproof.
Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

Yoder409

Quote from: paboxcall on April 12, 2023, 01:23:48 PM
I'd order a Spring Creek short box. One piece, hand tuned and to the sound your ear prefers.

Quality between that and anything that comes in a plastic blister pack hanging in a box store is, more often than not, incomparable, and Spring Creek doesn't break the bank.

:z-winnersmiley:

For a few dollars more than the Lynch, a Spring Creek box or a Ferocious box will be hand made by one man from start to finish.  It will be ALL turkey.

Mike and Kip make outstanding calls !!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Lone Star Eastern

Their site has multiple options, and wood types. Which do you suggest?

http://springcreekturkeycalls.weebly.com

Lone Star Eastern

How do you go about buying Ferocious calls?

paboxcall

Quote from: ETXhunter93 on April 12, 2023, 02:34:19 PM

Their site has multiple options, and wood types. Which do you suggest?

http://springcreekturkeycalls.weebly.com

You can message Mike from Spring Creek right here on OG. Tell him the sound you are looking for and he'll build you a box just for you that will hit that mark.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

turkey stew

Quote from: ETXhunter93 on April 12, 2023, 02:36:20 PM
How do you go about buying Ferocious calls?

He is on OG. He has some calls on this site. I'm sure he would answer a pm.

Lone Star Eastern

Thanks for the info, folks!

turkey stew

Quote from: ETXhunter93 on April 12, 2023, 03:24:46 PM
Thanks for the info, folks!

You are welcome. Look at the turkey call thread. He is presently on the site.

Greg Massey

I'm not mentioning the builders , but one of my meat calls is walnut over poplar and walnut over cedar ....

pinebark

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 12, 2023, 05:49:42 PM
I'm not mentioning the builders , but one of my meat calls is walnut over poplar and walnut over cedar ....
X2 Albert Paul.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Sim1982

Jeff white Tulip over butternut or Watkins bloodwood over mineral poplar