OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It all went as planned until. it didn't

Started by strum, April 11, 2023, 11:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tad1

Thanks for taking us along on your hunt!  I was walking out thinking to my self this AM (after another botched opportunity), if they were always easy it wouldn't be this addicting!
  JT

Turkeybutt

Thanks for sharing a great story.
It's not always about killing a bird but the lessons we learn along the way.
Let's us know when you get him.

ferocious calls

At that range he can hear your heart beat.

strum

So what do yall think? Is that bird done? Its been 2 days now. or give a few more days and try again?  I have other places I just love that spot.
Thinking I need to move back some so that Ill have my back against another tree I have picked out and the sun straight behind me.
  I feel like I was sky lined and since I was stuck out on that tree with the sun to my right I was lit up.
This other tree will be still on top but close to the fall off on the other side and its thick enough they probably won't be able to sneak in from behind.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: strum on April 12, 2023, 04:49:28 PM
So what do yall think? Is that bird done? Its been 2 days now. or give a few more days and try again?  I have other places I just love that spot.
Thinking I need to move back some so that Ill have my back against another tree I have picked out and the sun straight behind me.
  I feel like I was sky lined and since I was stuck out on that tree with the sun to my right I was lit up.
This other tree will be still on top but close to the fall off on the other side and its thick enough they probably won't be able to sneak in from behind.
I'd get back in there. I blew it on one close last week. Rested it a day. Following day he was right back in there on his same routine. Alter you set up a fuzz so you don't get picked but I'd about bet he's still right there someplace close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howieg

Could have the glare off your red dot ? I've seen this happen a couple times personally

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx