OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FF3 help

Started by MCturkey, April 11, 2023, 09:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCturkey

This may sound silly, but I have a FF3 mounted on a sumtoy base on my Retay 20 gauge.

I have sighted the gun in and when shouldering and aiming, the red dot on the Fastfire is basically dead on the end of the barrel if that makes sense. In other words, the dot is really low. POI is on but its driving me crazy that when I look through the sight, the dot itself is so close to the barrel.

Is there any way to correct this? Your thoughts?

PharmHunter

You can shim it and adjust accordingly.

PV266

Change the base to something taller?

SumToy

The dot is not much over the barrel on most of them.   Now If your head is high you will see the barrel.   If you gun has to much drop you will just see the dot or pick head up to see.     Now one think folks dont think about when set up a gun.   You set it up in house or shop with not much on.   Then you put on your hunting gear and it changes how the gun fits. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA