turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ATTN: VA. TURKEY HUNTERS !!! MID-JANUARY HUNTING

Started by GOLD HUNTER, June 28, 2011, 11:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Guys it looks like a few more turkeys will be killed in the fall with the new up coming dates.

THE FALL TURKEY SEASON WILL BE :

Archery season: Oct. o1 - Nov.12

Gun season:
Oct. 29 - Nov. 11 and on the 24th.
Dec. 05 - Dec. 31

and now NEW MID-JANUARY dates ....... Jan. 14 - 28

--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 spring season
april 14 - may 19

vaturkey

Thanks Brian for the updates ! That really gives me more reason to get a Boykin puppy.

vaturkey    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

VaTuRkStOmPeR

at least the guys killing them will actually be turkey hunters....

the deer hunters will be out of the woods.

that being said, what's the justification for extending the season?  virginia isn't exactly crawling with turkeys like some states.  more hens will be harvested and that's not positive for the population.  my initial reaction is  ???

Old Gobbler

We got a fall turkey season on private land in certain special parts of Florida that goes to the end of January --Hmmmm.....
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gobbler74

Brian, Va is liable to not be crawling with tags before long either. The pot is stirring on deer and turkey. I would welcome a cut back for 3-5 years. I think it would help both. I will see if I can get the latest in the next couple weeks. May not see a change this season.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

drenalinld

I called up many gobbling turkeys in late January and February when the population was high in Arkansas in the late 90's and early 00's. Archery season did go from Oct - Feb. If the there are a lot of gobblers there will be a lot of competition in Jan and Feb. Fun, Fun, Fun.