turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New patterns with Verdict

Started by bwhana, April 03, 2023, 01:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwhana

All shot through a squeaky clean barrel from a Franchi Affinity 3 with 26" barrel.  Almost no wind, 63 degrees and sunny.   Based on those patterns, I will hunt with the Trulock 575 (both Trulocks are non-ported and my FF3 was already sighted in dead on with either of them with Apex 9s).  I threw in an IC 555 with the Apex 9s to compare as well.  I didn't bother counting the 20", but obvious on the 36x36" paper. For the most part, I'm seeing very similar patterns and point of impact from the  Verdict and Apex loads, so you can't go wrong with either of them, but Apex is $5 less per box.

ShortMagFan

Can't got wrong with any of those

mountainhunter1

Man, those are some excellent patterns. I would not have any hesitation hunting the .585 or the .575, but I do like the .575 the best (not just because of a higher ten count, but a slightly superior looking outer 20). I like the Apex .555 pattern as well. I would still go with that .575 setup if it was my choice to make.

I have seen good things in early initial testing from Verdict (in guns I have helped to set up). Salt Creek has been much the same thing. I may have to pick up a .575 Trulock and a box of Verdict in the offseason when the weather cools back down a bit and give it a whirl. I'm building points on a secondary card and have a Affinity 3 Compact in mind when it gets to the 750-800 dollar mark.

Good luck buddy and please send me a picture by way of phone when you score turkey slayer. You are well armed, I will say that!!
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

bwhana

Thanks Matt, I have plans to squeeze that trigger Saturday for our opener!

I really do enjoy testing only about 10% less than hunting them!

Meleagris gallopavo

Very nice test.  The IC .555 looks very impressive to me.  I've only used Verdict in my .410, but of the loads I tested last year it was the best.  I have a 20 ga I'm setting up as a backup and I have the IC .562 and a Comp-N-Choke .555 I'll be trying out with Apex 9s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: bwhana on April 03, 2023, 05:21:06 PM
Thanks Matt, I have plans to squeeze that trigger Saturday for our opener!

I really do enjoy testing only about 10% less than hunting them!

I think you will score - and amen to that as I love to set guns up for turkey season.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Glades

I don't know if it's the Affinity platform, or the Mobil chokes, but these guns seem to be shooting some crazy numbers right out of the box. 326 with a 575? I can't even get those numbers if I tried on my gun.

bwhana

Quote from: Glades on April 04, 2023, 08:23:17 AM
I don't know if it's the Affinity platform, or the Mobil chokes, but these guns seem to be shooting some crazy numbers right out of the box. 326 with a 575? I can't even get those numbers if I tried on my gun.
Agreed, but even my little Midland Backpacker is putting close to the same numbers with an 18.5" barrel with the same chokes and ammo.

After reviewing past tests, the Verdict has the highest numbers so far in the 10" for all my combos.

Kytomgetter

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to be trying the Verdict #9 this year

bwhana

For me, it has been the closest thing to hand loads available.

NightHawk24

All great looking patterns. I really like the Trulock .575. Still well over 300 pellets but gives you a bit more wiggle room. Can't go wrong with any though.

Kytomgetter

Great patterns with whichever you choose I like the Indian Creek pattern. Good luck. God bless

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase