turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help choosing a first longbox

Started by RiverRoost, March 30, 2023, 09:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrinny

I have a couple longboxes I see mentioned- but surprisingly little has been mentioned of Jeff Mckamey.  His longbox I have is great .

Zobo

Quote from: jrinny on March 31, 2023, 04:39:24 PM
I have a couple longboxes I see mentioned- but surprisingly little has been mentioned of Jeff Mckamey.  His longbox I have is great .

Yes  :you_rock:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Lcmacd 58

You wont be dissatisfied with a DH longbox. I'm far from an expert but a DH long box is a breeze to run. I just got 1 a couple days ago and it is nice.

Notsoyoungturk

Steve Mann makes an incredible long box.  They asked him to make the long boxes for the Mr. Fox vest
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

jwp0020

Quote from: limb_hanger on March 31, 2023, 01:21:43 PM
Quote from: jwp0020 on March 30, 2023, 03:38:38 PM
Donnie Gallahar (the guy that used to make the Screamin' Hen for Doug Camp) has recently made up a few new long boxes.  I have run most of the long boxes mentioned in this thread and prefer the Screamin' Hen over all of them.  The light lid is what separates it from the rest in my opinion.  It gives you so much control over the call.  I bought one, but I can't post a picture for some reason.
Have any contact info or photos of the call ?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Text me and I will send you pictures.  I will work on getting a phone number for you.  (256) 783-5955