OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wood Lathe Chuck

Started by Brew-Ho, March 27, 2023, 08:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brew-Ho

I'm sure I can find the answer I'm looking for on this forum somewhere if I had time... I'm a novice/hobby turkey call builder. I've built probably around 20/25 calls and I enjoy it. I just cant help to imagine there has to be a better way than how I am doing it. I started out with a bottle stopper chuck and it was okay. Some times I would get a horrible wobble in my piece that I couldn't fix. I've recently ordered a WEN 4 jaw 4 inch chuck and I'm excited to try it out as well although I have read some reviews that talked about the piece flying out of the chuck randomly. I'm just wondering what chuck other guys are using because if there is a better way, I'm all for it. I'm to much of a perfectionist to keep messing up these turkey calls when they are almost complete. Help me not pull all my hair out if you can.

callmakerman

mastevt

I use the Barracuda II by PSI.  Comes in a kit with extra jaws.   I bought extra bodies to speed up time from having to change out jaws.

doublespurs21

i have been using a Nova G3 chuck, like the others said, i have 2 of them so i do not have to waste time changing jaws,