OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fox Vest V2 is back up for sale

Started by afhunter1, March 23, 2023, 08:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

Pretty sure the only difference is no number.

If you do the math, the unnumbered vest was less production than the numbered ones. Not that it matters, but MO really should make a small detail change on the second run to differentiate the original unnumbered vests.

They promoted them as limited and they need to maintain that position

marsh_frog

Quote from: Sixes on March 24, 2023, 11:13:48 AM
Pretty sure the only difference is no number.

If you do the math, the unnumbered vest was less production than the numbered ones. Not that it matters, but MO really should make a small detail change on the second run to differentiate the original unnumbered vests.

Very well said, I agree.

arkrem870

I'd assume they will be the same as the other unnumbered vests. The only thing limited was the numbered ones. The more fox vests in the woods the more mr fox legacy is honored  and that's what it's all about right? Right?

Dazzler

Agree, but I'm guessing they saw all the money they could raise for the wild turkey and decided to pivot on the "limited" part aside from supply.

I'd be interested to see the 2nd hand sales figures of numbered vests vs unnumbered not counting the last month of Mr. Fox eBay insanity.

afhunter1

Quote from: Dazzler on March 24, 2023, 12:44:04 PM

Agree, but I'm guessing they saw all the money they could raise FROM the wild turkey and decided to pivot on the "limited" part aside from supply.

I'd be interested to see the 2nd hand sales figures of numbered vests vs unnumbered not counting the last month of Mr. Fox eBay insanity.

Fixed it for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Shaped

Will this be like when they released the Boba Fett Star Wars action figure? I think the original version had a functioning rocket launcher and the 2nd version didn't. The original is worth more I believe.

Dazzler

Quote from: afhunter1 on March 24, 2023, 12:47:49 PM

Fixed it for you!

ha!  Thanks for translating my sarcasm.

Dazzler

Quote from: Tom007 on March 24, 2023, 07:52:41 AM
I will say, upon having the vest actually in my hands really shows the quality of it. Every material used is of a high level of quality and workmanship, probably the best I've seen yet, cant exclude the Dixon version which also carry's this workmanship....

The men, women and children of Myanmar put out a fine vest.

Magdump

Well, I am a sucker for limited edition, hard to get stuff so I just ordered one.  Why?   I have no idea.  I guess because of how nuts everyone has been over this product and how hard apparently it is to get one.   

Reminds me of when I was a kid, they had these limited edition dolls called Cabbage Patch Kids and everyone had to have one and it was 100% crazy time until it blew over.  Everyone gets caught up in the frantic energy and it gets absurd.  This seems like that.

Anyway, with shipping and tax, it came to over $500.  This vest had better make me a better turkey hunter and call some birds in for me!  If they cancel the order (they have a statement on the website saying they reserve the right to cancel orders or something like that), I won't be sad.

Still, I like high quality gear and apparently this qualifies.

Tom007

I'll bet they change the Fox patch, something to differentiate it from the limited runs. They specifically opened up that this may happen in the email launch of this last run in their list of disclaimer/rules for the pre-purchase....
"Solo hunter"

TBoo

" Cabbage patch kids"  Oh boy are WE dating ourselves or what.......  Over $500.  Guess no vest for me. Less of course any wants to trade for say     A cabbage patch???

owlhoot

Quote from: afhunter1 on March 24, 2023, 12:47:49 PM
Quote from: Dazzler on March 24, 2023, 12:44:04 PM

Agree, but I'm guessing they saw all the money they could raise FROM the wild turkey and decided to pivot on the "limited" part aside from supply.

Fixed it for you!

So how much money gets donated towards the wild turkey projects-research such as Nwtf, TFT from the sale of these vests? Or was the donations just from the auctioned vest at Nwft.
Do the numbered ones get more donated than the unnumbered or the next batch of unnumbered ?

owlhoot

Quote from: Tom007 on March 24, 2023, 01:54:35 PM
I'll bet they change the Fox patch, something to differentiate it from the limited runs. They specifically opened up that this may happen in the email launch of this last run in their list of disclaimer/rules for the pre-purchase....
[/quote

If so are these new batches going to be cheaper?

runngun

Any amount they donate will be more than they started with!!! That is their business. I am just glad that they are willing to give something.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

owlhoot

Quote from: runngun on March 24, 2023, 10:47:41 PM
Any amount they donate will be more than they started with!!! That is their business. I am just glad that they are willing to give something.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

And that's fine also.

Just didn't know if a certain amount per vest was donated from purchases. Some companies will specify that they are donating certain amounts to an organization, Nwtf , TFT, wheeling sportsman, veterans hunts, etc.
Catch a dream. Fox Hole shootout ?