turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

smartphones

Started by doepee, June 25, 2011, 10:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doepee

for you guys that got the sprint htc evo's how does it sound when you call some one..... do you get good volume?  Do you get  alot of dropped calls?  I have a sprint flip phone and I have had several of them and I do get alot of dropped calls... don't know if its the phone or just my area..

TurkeyPotpie

Yer signal strength depends on cell tower placements. I live in a fringe area and had to get a airrave signal booster from sprint . I now have a constant 5 bars around my house. You wil have dead areas no matter where you live. Sat phones are the only cure for that.

2INCHHOOKS

Quote from: gophert on June 26, 2011, 07:54:09 AM
Stay with Sprint...they have the cheapest "everything" plan out there.  I have the HTC EVO, which is still one of the TOP Android phones on the market today.  After tweaking the settings some, I can go 2 days with normal use before I have to charge. 

I also have the EVO probably one of the best out there you cant ROOT this phone which gives you super user access allowing you to change everything including over clocking the phone to control battery life.. I say stick to sprint went from verizon paying $140 a month down to $70 what a great savings check out androidforums.com on rooting phone. also MIK roms excellent rom to manage android OS

WVhuntEER

Another vote for the EVO from Sprint.  Went to it from the Blackberry and it's a world of difference.  I love it.  Just get an extended battery and you are good to go.  I have no issues with battery life.  I use it all day and have no problems.  I do charge mine at night though.  Good luck!

3.5inchpainfulldeath

I have the htc thunderbolt from verizon.  It's the same phone as the sprint htc evo.   Love it.