turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

smartphones

Started by doepee, June 25, 2011, 10:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doepee

Who all has got a smartphone, what kind ya got and hows the battery life? Looking to get one, I am going from a flip phone {which is all I ever had} and sprint is my carrier.. would actually like a different carrier also. Would like to hear any opinions out there... Thanks  Jim

rtsj

I got a Droid Incredible through Verizon. Never thought I would like a touch screen but I love it. The battery life sucks but from what I hear they all are pretty bad. I now carry two batteries if I got no place to charge it. Use it all the time when hunting. The camera is awesome and I take alot of videos while in the stand and in the blind. A+ phone, C- battery life.

doepee

That is kind of what I wanted to do.. take it with me in the stand when I am bow hunting also turkey hunting... I have heard that you can get a battery that lasts alot longer.. but now sure about that. I was actually looking at verizon.. they have the droid incredible  2 now and also was looking at the LG revolution...still undecided ..

ILIKEHEVI-13

Most people tell me there is only one smart phone and that is an Iphone.

Both my kids have one.  They love them. 

And now the 4G is out. 

Spring Creek Calls

I have a LG Optimus with Sprint service. Battery life seems to be better than most and takes great pics.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

gophert

Stay with Sprint...they have the cheapest "everything" plan out there.  I have the HTC EVO, which is still one of the TOP Android phones on the market today.  After tweaking the settings some, I can go 2 days with normal use before I have to charge. 

CASH

iPhone.  Love it.  Battery life is good.  Had a Droid to.  Good phones battery life not so good.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

kdog

Also have a iPhone and a Absolutely love it,,,,not one complaint.

hookedspur

Quote from: rtsj on June 25, 2011, 10:55:42 PM
I got a Droid Incredible through Verizon. Never thought I would like a touch screen but I love it. The battery life sucks but from what I hear they all are pretty bad. I now carry two batteries if I got no place to charge it. Use it all the time when hunting. The camera is awesome and I take alot of videos while in the stand and in the blind. A+ phone, C- battery life.
same here ,I like mine as well
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

CASH

Something else to remember about smartphones.  I see the battery life complaint a lot.  It's a mini computer that makes phone calls.  Obviously it's going to use a lot of juice.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Old Gobbler

I have a {jailbreak}Apple  iPhone that is is hacked to run on t-mobile, I save loads of money by doing this --

Some of the newer smart phones have surpassed  the original iPhone     
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gobbler74

Best bet is to look at aftermarket extended mah batteries for any smartphone. You can also search you tube for slick tricks on cutting batt use of your model phone like app managers and simple tricks like cutting your screen brightness and auto app killers (Droid market) That kill apps that continue to run when your phone is in standby. They are computers that do pretty much anything. You can buy batteries that double or nearly triple the battery time.. I bought 3500 and 1750 mah batteries for my Droid incredible..The 1750 allows the phone to still fit in the heavy duty trident case. Anything bigger does not. The 3500 is an out of town or camping accessory. The factory battery is a 1300. The 1750 alone added good life to the phone and thats while in use..if you are running internet or radio apps like pandora or Iheart radio which is sweet to get your local stations... its a load on the batt. Go to ebay to search larger batts just enter your model phone. Consider any protective cases .Gorilla gadgets and accessory geeks are also good sources. I use my smart phone for business, not all folks need the extras but just a thought.  :icon_thumright:   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

guesswho

I just made the switch to a smartphone this week.  I wound up getting an HTC Aria.  So far I like the phone a lot.  The first day or two the battery seemed like it might be the weak link.  That was because the phone was new and I couldn't put it down.  Now that I'm using it in a normal manner it seems to be fine. 

My service is through AT&T.  My only complaint with them is some of the ares's I visit service is hit and miss, but the same holds true with my buddys phone which is through Verizon.  I'd say about 95% of the time when I'm working driving a lot I have service.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Wingbone

I have the DROID X2 which is what I'm typing this from right now. Its like having a pocket sized laptop with you at all times. Emails sent straight to my phone just like txts. When I was investigating the smart phones, everyone told me to to go with some sort of DROID. They said you just have many more options on them than the others. My bro in law has the Iphone but says he wishes he had gotten the DROID. I think either one is a safe choice. The differences aren't significant enough for me to notice but I'm no tech nut either.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

browning

Quote from: gophert on June 26, 2011, 07:54:09 AM
Stay with Sprint...they have the cheapest "everything" plan out there.  I have the HTC EVO, which is still one of the TOP Android phones on the market today.  After tweaking the settings some, I can go 2 days with normal use before I have to charge. 

Quote from: Gobblez on June 26, 2011, 06:26:39 AM
I have a LG Optimus with Sprint service. Battery life seems to be better than most and takes great pics.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

I have to LG Optimus S with Sprint too.  We have the Unlimited Everything plan and its great.  I use my phone a lot each day making over 10 calls and browse the web.  I usually have to charge my phone every other day. I'd rather sacrifice the battery life for a smart phone....its WAY better than just a regular flip phone.  Just like many other people said, its basically a mini computer.  Go for it!   :you_rock: