Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Greg Gwaltney’s S.E. Call Makers 3rd place trumpet.

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, March 28, 2023, 01:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

As promised, I have provided a better picture of Greg's trumpet that placed 3rd at the S.E. Call Makers competition this year.  I was told the judges preferred a higher pitch this year and Greg's call has a lower pitch, but not as low as some of my other trumpets.  Like my other trumpet from Greg, it's easy to run and sounds great!  Love the Cocobolo barrel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

turkey stew

Congrats on a mighty fine horn from Greg! I`m sure it talks hen turkey!

JeffC

Good luck with it this season, Greg makes a great trumpet and they look awesome, love the flow of graining.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Greg Massey

As always Greg , has hit another home run with that trumpet... great craftsmanship with a fine looking cocobolo ...

Crowstalker

Very nice, he is one of few callmakers I haven't gotten a call from yet.

GregGwaltney

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 28, 2023, 01:51:42 PM
As promised, I have provided a better picture of Greg's trumpet that placed 3rd at the S.E. Call Makers competition this year.  I was told the judges preferred a higher pitch this year and Greg's call has a lower pitch, but not as low as some of my other trumpets.  Like my other trumpet from Greg, it's easy to run and sounds great!  Love the Cocobolo barrel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice to see a good picture as I completely forgot to take any. I tried a little different bell shape on this one, just something new that I can't really do on a regular call. Anyway, glad to see that you picked this one up and happy that it seems to be working out good for you. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for the post, fun to see it again.

Greg
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

fordhunt