turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Tip For The Blind Users And Campers

Started by Sir-diealot, March 28, 2023, 06:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I just wanted to throw this out there, we all know the stakes that come with blinds are absolute junk, I found these a couple of years ago and have not had to use anything else since. I hunt in an area with very stony ground and these go in very well (Within sensible reason you are not going to go through a rock) but they will go around them well if you know what I mean. They hold in the ground well, hold a line well and because of the loops are very easy to pull when you are done, just put a heavy stick or hammer through the loop and pull up and out them come. They come 12 to an order in a little carry sack with a cinch line, probably the only think I do no like is the sack because it tends to let them fall out. There are other colors but I do not see the sense in any but black in the hunting world. I have not broken any yet by the way. Here is the link for you and a picture of them.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I0X9WDE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

OJR

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

SDK

Great tip!

I use these for my camper awning and they are 1000 times better than the flimsy metal ones..

jhoward11

I get mine from Rural King. The metal ones with the green top on them. Easy enough to get into Missouri rock. I agree with the ones that come with the blinds. Junk!!! For you blind dealers out there...just leave them out. No one uses them!!!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SDK on March 28, 2023, 11:52:04 AM
Great tip!

I use these for my camper awning and they are 1000 times better than the flimsy metal ones..
And they're almost as cheap as me! (But not cheaply made)

John Koenig:

SDK

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 28, 2023, 12:23:17 PM
Quote from: SDK on March 28, 2023, 11:52:04 AM
Great tip!

And they're almost as cheap as me! (But not cheaply made)

Yup- And I have two teenagers, so anything cheap that works is a bonus!  :)

Tom007

"Solo hunter"