News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which state? Which species?

Started by drenalinld, June 25, 2011, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaTuRkStOmPeR

easterns in big virginia hardwoods.

second favorite has to be wyoming merriams in the big timber throughout the black hills.

stinkpickle

Quote from: drenalinld on June 25, 2011, 11:38:44 AM
...I would choose Easterns in Missouri. Their gobble in that big open timber has not been matched in my hunting travels. Thunder like no other I have found!

x2

Cove

Impossible to choose, I've never killed/ hunting longbeards in a place I disliked.

socalturkeyman

I love mountains so I would have to say any bird that called the mountains its home. But I havent really ventured out of state so I'd have to say my honey holes in San Diego.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

woodchip

I'm from Kentucky and have hunted Easterns in Kentucky and Tennessee, and Western Kansas Rios for the first time this year.  Even though I haven't hunted the other two species I can tell I'd have a hard time picking just one.  I love my Easterns but those Western Kansas Rios were pretty hard to beat, and I think the others would be special in their own way also. 

BoWhoop

Quote from: Hookspur on June 25, 2011, 06:34:16 PM
PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!

I have trouble narrowing my favorite states down to a top 30. There's no way that I could ever pick a favorite place or a favorite subspecies!

Ha!  That was no help!!  I was wondering what you would say...and then I was going to plan a trip there!

If I never hunt anything but Easterns, that'll be ok, as I like the challenge and the variety of terrain.  Can't really pick a state though, a spring would be incomplete if I didn't sleep around!  :o

2INCHHOOKS

that is too tuff never been anywhere that have not liked yet  :z-guntootsmiley: