OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shooting At Gun Show.

Started by redarrow, June 24, 2011, 11:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Why in the #@%^ would you have a loaded gun for sale. Laying on a counter for customers to handle.This same thing happened at the Taylor Gun and Knife Show at the Taylor Gibraltar Trade Center.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/macomb_county/two-women-and-one-child-hurt-after-accidental-shooting-at-gun-%26-knife-show

chatterbox

There are so many things wrong in that news clipping that I lost count! >:(
First, what was a loaded weapon doing at a gun show?
Secondly, what was someone who obviously had no familiarity with weapons doing holding a gun?
Anyone who has any time around guns knows the first thing you do when you recieve a gun from someone is treat it like it's loaded until you visually inspect the chamber to make sure it's clear. Then, it's always pointed in a safe direction.
I read on here a post that CASH put up showing his safety. It was a picture of his finger.
My number one pet peeve is shooting and hunting accidents. With firearms, there should no be accidents. If you follow the ten commandments of firearm safety, you will have a long and enjoyable future with guns!

CASH

I agree Mike.  Obviously the pic of my "safety" is something I got from the movie Blackhawk Down.  But it is so true.  You NEVER put your finger on the trigger unless you intend to pull the trigger.

Also, how can anyone ASSUME that weapon in unloaded?  How does the owner not check the chamber and magazine multiple times.  And if someone picks up that weapon they should check also. 

Just thought of something to.  Every gun show that I've been to in my area requires every weapon to have a zip tie running through the chamber and around the weapon so that the bolt/slide cannot be completely closed.  I wonder why this wasn't done here?
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

kamski1151

common is gone out of the word common sence.......

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

Tail Feathers

And the seller went to inspect it after she fired it and fired it AGAIN!!!!

How stupid is he?!?!!? :TrainWreck1:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TClark

Stupid is as stupid does...perfect example.
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

doepee

This very same thing happened in Bloomington Illinois gun show at the sale barn...someone picked up a mini 14  .223  it went off and passed through a 6-8 inch diameter wood pole then hit a guy in the arm and then a guy in the back... no one was killed but if that pole had not been there to take the brunt of the velocity... I don't understand how it could of happened, I mean after all you would clear the chamber before you took it to the show then check it again when you laid it down, and again when you would pick it up before you handed it to somebody..  I think it was a pawn shop owner if I am not mistaken, he was eventually charged for something but I can't remember what after a lengthy investigation... I usually attend that show and my dad had just left... THis was just a few months back.... How stupid can one be!!! ??? ??? ???

turkey slayer

Quote from: Tail Feathers on June 25, 2011, 09:53:26 AM
And the seller went to inspect it after she fired it and fired it AGAIN!!!!

How stupid is he?!?!!? :TrainWreck1:
:agreed: wow thats just ridiculous

BoWhoop

Man, wouldn't you like to know "the rest of the story"?  Like how the gun ended up in a booth loaded in the first place.

None of us are perfect, we can't be too careful...

gobbler74

In terms of anti gun ammo when talk of banning gun shows hits legislature, this incident is an armor piercing round.. we've been fighting proposed gun show bans in va for awhile.

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"