turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rossi Poly Tuffy 20ga

Started by strutter, March 13, 2023, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutter

Just ordered the new Rossi Poly Tuffy 20ga single shot. Anyone have any experience with choke / loads for this gun ?

krm944

strutter

Thanks for the link. It looks like a nice shooting gun with factory choke.

krm944

I think the Rossi or Stevens 301s with Turkey chokes are ALL pretty good shooting guns out of the box. The 20 gauge is a bit more forgiving, I can see where if you have a 410 and it's lower pellet count, one would cycle chokes/ammo for efficiency.

I think the Rossi Tuffy is super lightweight- 3" TSS might be a punch to the shoulder!

Lucky Clucker

I have a tuffy 20, it patterns great with a tightwad choke a hals, tss 9. It kick is as hard as a 12. The top of the grip slaps your thumb hard.I put a half inch foam pad I side to help.
Hunt every day as if it were your last.

Bigfootwolff

As I get older I notice recoil more and like it less.  I know I shoot better and more accurately when not anticipating a super sharp punch to the shoulder.  That said, I think I would choose the Rossi Tuffy Turkey in .410, and the Stevens 301 Turkey in 20 gauge.  I think the extra weight of the Stevens would help mitigate recoil with heavy TSS loads, and I would probably feel better having a steel receiver when shooting 20 gauge shells too.  Since the Rossi has the adjustable buttstock spacers, getting the grandkids started on it in the .410 would be beneficial as as well.  I would not want to start them on the Rossi in 20 gauge.  As someone already said, it is like shooting a 12 gauge when loaded with heavy TSS shells.