OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

powder coated aluminum

Started by Old Timer, March 11, 2023, 05:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

I had a chance to run a call that was powder coated aluminum with a purple heart striker. Easy to run and versatile. Have any of you guys heard of one or if so who here makes one?

Old Timer

Or should I say is powder coated aluminum the same as oxidized aluminum? It`s black in color.

HookedonHooks

Jimmy Schaffer makes some aluminum calls with the black powder coated aluminum and they're very easy to run. They don't kee kee with as much ease as an anodized but you can still hit it.

They're really nice to scrub a part of the surface raw and you have two options and different sounds right on the same surface.

Old Timer

sixbird

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 12, 2023, 02:06:50 PM
Jimmy Schaffer makes some aluminum calls with the black powder coated aluminum and they're very easy to run. They don't kee kee with as much ease as an anodized but you can still hit it.

They're really nice to scrub a part of the surface raw and you have two options and different sounds right on the same surface.
Yes, Jimmy makes an excellent aluminum/aluminum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

Quote from:   on March 12, 2023, 02:06:50 PM

I think I like this idea :icon_thumright:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

callmakerman

Jimmy makes one heck of a call and probably one of the nicest call makers you will ever deal with.