turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun Value

Started by Cutter, March 10, 2023, 01:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutter

I have recently bought a Franchi Affinity 3 compact 20 gauge and I'm contemplating selling a gun to finance everything I want to do with the new Franchi. I have an early 90's model 870 SPS-T in green leaf that I bought new shortly after graduating from high school. I know those were a hot item for a while, but I'm not sure anymore. What is the going rate for one of those guns in today's market?

Tom007

Ready........in mint shape, you can fetch $2,000 or more. After seeing that 1187 in Greenleaf sell yesterday for more than $4,000, probably more. Some people like the 870 better, it is a great gun...good luck.
"Solo hunter"

lunghit

Quote from: Tom007 on March 10, 2023, 05:19:38 PM
Ready........in mint shape, you can fetch $2,000 or more. After seeing that 1187 in Greenleaf sell yesterday for more than $4,000, probably more. Some people like the 870 better, it is a great gun...good luck.
WOW $4,000??? Crazy. If you are going to sell it now is the time with turkey seasons starting soon. Might get a bidding war going.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

aclawrence

Are you sure you won't regret selling it?  Sounds like one of those things that will not be easily replaced if you have sellers remorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: aclawrence on March 11, 2023, 09:04:54 AM
Are you sure you won't regret selling it?  Sounds like one of those things that will not be easily replaced if you have sellers remorse.

X2 here, I won't sell mine.....
"Solo hunter"

Cutter

Quote from: aclawrence on March 11, 2023, 09:04:54 AM

I've thought about that, I normally NEVER sell a gun, but my brother had an accident with this gun and it's just been in my safe for years now. I'm not sure what I should ask - I don't want to give it away, but I'd never let anyone pay a crazy amount for it either.