OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What did you learn this season?

Started by Footballer, June 24, 2011, 02:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

Quote from: JohnnieB on February 12, 2012, 10:21:21 AM
I learned that it ain't over till its over. We can only hunt until noon in NY and I shot my bird at 11:52.

I heard that. I tagged out by killing one bird a day on the last three days of the season.

mrlongbeard

turkeywhisperer

I learned to listen to the birds more.. they will tell you what they want if you listen.

That being agressive isnt always a bad thing and to never give up on a bird.  If he doesnt act or respond the way you want.. leave him and come back later.  He might just fire up and march right in.

joshb311

Quote from: FullChoke on June 26, 2011, 09:12:53 AM
When you feel like it's time to get up and move, stay right there another 15 minutes.

That was the first lesson in my first season last year.... which was followed by a number of other hard learned lessons that came from trial and error. Mostly error. 

acsoa12

I learned that turkeys can be smarter than I am at times!

redleg06

I learned that watching my wife miss a bird at 25yds on the last hunt of the year makes the offseason that much longer....  and that if you say anything about it, you've found a way to dig your hole that much deeper :TrainWreck1:

XCBlur

I learned not to forget why I was hunting.  For the enjoyment.  Took a little more time to enjoy every aspect of being in the turkey woods!