OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your favorite Copper pot maker

Started by Southernson13, March 09, 2023, 07:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CG1997

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 14, 2023, 09:24:23 PM
Jessie Jefferson of C4 - Crooked Creek Custom Creations. Has to be though, I started my only turkey with his copper. Mike would get my second pick though.

Wow, that is a sweet call

Sir-diealot

Quote from: CG1997 on May 14, 2023, 09:49:14 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 14, 2023, 09:24:23 PM
Jessie Jefferson of C4 - Crooked Creek Custom Creations. Has to be though, I started my only turkey with his copper. Mike would get my second pick though.

Wow, that is a sweet call
Thanks, he did a good job on it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ManfromGreenSwamp

I have an Andy Kaiser in a Cocobolo Copper over Crystal that I really like. Actually, it's the only copper call I've kept, I've given away the others to friends as gifts and the kill with them, the one that comes to mind is a Mike Yingling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Dr Juice

mountainhunter1

There may be some other builders who make a similar or even better pot than Mike Yingling, but the one he sent me was so good that I just have not had a desire to look for anything better. Plus, he is a joy to deal with and his prices compared to most of the top builders are beyond very fair. To get his copper pot and a DARN GOOD carbon striker for under 70 bucks is a no brainer.

If you order one from him, I suggest you get one of his two siders with the slate on the back of the copper, just the icing on the cake to have the ability to flip it over and get really soft with ease. And don't be afraid to LIGHTLY use that 400 sandpaper he sends out with his calls, as it will really take the sound to a whole another level. If you go real easy with it, you cannot hurt the call.

Give one of his copper pots a shot, you won't be disappointed.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Greg Massey

I'm not a big fan of copper pots, but i do have one from Hall, it's copper in a cocobolo pot, all i do to keep it condition is rub it with a scotoh-brite pad...

vt35mag

Andy Kaiser in Cocobolo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clovis67

That Yingling 3" copper pot is a bell ringer :turkey2:

Lcmacd 58

tikka

Mike just made a few.   Pick one up before there gone!!