OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your favorite Copper pot maker

Started by Southernson13, March 09, 2023, 07:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

I've wanted a copper pot for several years. I have had it told to me that anodized aluminum is better but I always wanted one for really reaching out there with a pot. I also like the "ting" along with the rasp. I've started getting interested in collector quality calls and figured I would see if anyone has recommendations before I buy a random one at the mossy oak call convention this weekend. Thanks.

Tom007

Copper pots: Mike Yingling, John Sinclair, Wendell Rye(Lights Out), you can try Gooserbat on here, these are the ones that come to mind. I'm sorry if I missed any of our fine forum Call makers that do indeed make copper pots.....
"Solo hunter"

runngun

Lights Out, Michael Yingling, Preston Pittman made one a long time ago that I have had excellent luck with.  So many great ones!!! Also if you like the "ring", get a Titanium pot!!

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

tikka

Mike Yingling will make a great one for you.

chbarnha

Quote from: runngun on March 09, 2023, 08:59:45 PM
Lights Out, Michael Yingling, Preston Pittman made one a long time ago that I have had excellent luck with.  So many great ones!!! Also if you like the "ring", get a Titanium pot!!

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I'll second this if you really want the ring a titanium sings. I have a john Sinclair titanium that is no doubt the loudest call I own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

ncwoodsman

ChesterCopperpot

If I were you I'd jump all over this one in the classifieds. As many have already said, you can't beat Mike's copper.

FS: M Yingling Stabilized Ash Copper Pot
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=17578&share_tid=112120&url=http%3A%2F%2Foldgobbler%2Ecom%2FForum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D112120&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notsoyoungturk

Mike Yingling makes a great call.  I have one and love it.  I also love the one that Wendell Rye made for me out of Leopardwood and Copper.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

PharmHunter

A copper Spring Allure I own has been the death of probably more turkeys than any other pot I own.

mountainhunter1

Mike Yingling. Not just the sound, but there is something about the looks of the stabilized pots he makes.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

GuideGun

Matt

rong

Mathews.1

Mike Yingling gets my vote as well

CG1997

Mr. Yingling is a popular choice. Although he needs to upgrade to PayPal ????

Sir-diealot

Jessie Jefferson of C4 - Crooked Creek Custom Creations. Has to be though, I started my only turkey with his copper. Mike would get my second pick though.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."