News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Roosted bird

Started by tenfourgobbler5050, March 08, 2023, 10:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

Quote from: ETXhunter93 on April 11, 2023, 05:28:23 PM
I'm curious to how one would react to gobbling on a box. If he continues to gobble back, I'd guess he's the boss, and then may be mad enough you to come fight if you continue to gobble.

Of course, if he shuts up, he's subordinate, and the game may very well be over for the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be the Boss or a sub there needs to more than one of you. I would think flock mates would handle the interloper as a whole instead of individually.

As far as individual personalities in a gobbler that's by himself, if he's aggressive there's probably a good chance you'll get some sort of reaction or even a confrontation from him specially if there are hens around, barring he hasn't been pressured by hunters into his behavior.

If he's passive he may just come over to check you out, size you up so to speak or he may not pay any attention to you and let you make the 1st move. I don't think he'd scurry off with his fan between his legs without having the chance to size you up.

Technically I might be splitting hairs as far as labels go, but 2 aggressive gobblers can be flock mates, it's just the  boss is tougher than the other and the lesser of the 2 knows his place if that makes sense.

My opinion of course.

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.