turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mid-west vacation??

Started by wisconsinteacher, June 24, 2011, 11:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

My wife and I would like to go on a small vacation.  We do not have time to run out to WY or MT but are thinking northern MN, WI or MI.  If you are have any ideas or have been to some cool places, let me know.  We would like to keep it simple and low key. 

flintlock

Michigan has some good stuff - what are you guys wanting to do/see?
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

redarrow

Sleeping Bear Dunes,in Mi, as well as the areas around Traverse City.Petoskey.and the entire west coast of Mi.

wisconsinteacher

We would like to see some new country where there are not a ton of people so something outdoors.

kamski1151

porcupine Mnts in the U.P is beautiful.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

redarrow

Keewenaw Penninsula. Copper harbor.Lake Superior shoreline.

Hognutz

Quote from: redarrow on June 25, 2011, 08:57:41 PM
Keewenaw Penninsula. Copper harbor.Lake Superior shoreline.

I just got back from there today. The weather stunk, but the Keewenaw Peninusula is unbelievably gorgeous. Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mnturkey

Northern MN up North of Grand Rapids, along hwy 38 that is a beautiful drive from Grand Rapids To Effie, the road goes through Chippewa national Forest.  Once you get to Effie there are not a lot of people.
The Bigfork Valley is beautiful, the river is one of the few left unspoiled great fishing out of a canoe,
Another nice drive is the North Shore from Duluth to Grand Maris and North to Cananda, You then can take Hwy across Cananda to International Falls and come back to MN, the trip across Cananda is the North side of the Boundry Waters and has some great Falls.
If you want to spend all your money in one day just go to the Mall of America and let your wife loose.
There are lots of small Campgrounds in MN that are not part of the State system county campgrounds and such.
If you would like a rodeo the North Star Stampede in Effie MN has been around for over 40 years and is quite a spectical for a town of 100 or so and you can take a picture of the big mosquito in Effie

There is also the Spam Museum in Sotheren MN that is also good.

Hope this gives you a idea or two
SEMPER FI

Jay

The way it's been going you can take a midwest vacation, come here and sandbag.  ::) Whatever happened to sprinkles vs cloudbursts/storms every single time.

wisconsinteacher

Well we plan on going to Duluth then taking the North Shore to Thunder Bay.  We want to stay in Thunder Bay for a few nights then head home. 

mnturkey

make sure to stop at the light house and the falls, Grand Marais is also nice to stop at.
It is a beautiful Drive but do not go until Gov Dayton gets the State fixed up everything might shut down on Friday.
SEMPER FI