OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quality pushpin

Started by ScottTaulbee, March 08, 2023, 05:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

I've never had a pushpin that id consider to be worth taking to the woods. I've been wanting to buy a quality one and I'm in a toss up on the Loftis Chatterbox and the Winky Hicks. Any help to sway me in one direction or the other?. I can't find much on either of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

Some people  will tell  you the Hicks is the way to go because you get 2 calls in one but to me the Chatterbox is a better push pin.
Jim

brennan

Both sound like a turkey. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I prefer the wire spring. Hicks uses a rubber band

roosterstraw

Hicks and the loftis both sound really good. You can't go wrong either way.

Big Jeremy

Both are solid, but I like the loftis better of the two. If you want a really solid push pin, though, keep your eyes and fingers ready for when Shannon posts his on here. Second to none.

Tom007

Shannon's is number one, no doubt. You can't go wrong with Winky or the Loftis. I've had success with both. Winky's is in fact 2 calls in one, his push pin is larger in size. Both sound great. Another great option, in fact I rank him second to Shannon's is Mike Lapp. Great sound, beautiful push pin. Also, Tim Bullock on our forum makes a fantastic, quality pushpin. These are my top picks for pushpins that will surely get you results...good luck.
"Solo hunter"

Notsoyoungturk

Tim Bullock just took 1st place in the Hunting Call Push Pin category at NWTF nationals.  He makes a great looking call.  Shannon is a top choice too if you can be lucky enough to get one.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Greg Massey

Winky Hick, i have his and the chatterbox , and the chatterbox is nowhere near as good as Winky in my opinion... The craftsmanship of Winky is so much better and it has more turkeys in the call...

runngun

I have a Tim Bullock push pin and it's great. Beautiful calls for sure.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.