only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

JLH snakewood

Started by SemoRiverRat, March 07, 2023, 03:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDK

Quote from: bbcoach on March 14, 2023, 10:53:11 AM
Quote from: SDK on March 14, 2023, 10:19:25 AM
I have a frogwood striker shipping out tomorrow. Can't wait to try it on both crystal and slate...
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE FROGWOOD ON ANY SURFACE!  This is my GO TO on every call.  The birch laminate is MONEY on every surface I play it on.  Hope you got a Great color!

Thank you!

That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm trying to travel light in the woods, and heard this could be "the one striker to rule them all". I let Jeff pick me out a great green color scheme. I'm at work but will post the pic he sent me later...

bbcoach

If you are going light, you better get a couple more just to have one in reserve in case you lose one.  I never leave the truck without 2 in my vest.  Let us know what you think when you get some pot time.

SDK

:toothy9:
Quote from: bbcoach on March 14, 2023, 11:24:19 AM
If you are going light, you better get a couple more just to have one in reserve in case you lose one.  I never leave the truck without 2 in my vest.  Let us know what you think when you get some pot time.

Understood and good advice. I have a Woodhaven Cherry Crystal call and I do like one of the two strikers that came with it. Hoping to have the JLH striker as my "go to" and the Woodhaven tucked into a pocket somewhere....

SDK

JLH

Quote from: zsully on March 09, 2023, 10:05:38 PM
I too own a JLH snakewood. The thing just runs on everything. I haven't tried but it could probably pull a turkey out of a kitchen plate.

I just tried it....it doesnt!????????????????

bbcoach

Quote from: JLH on March 14, 2023, 02:16:13 PM
Quote from: zsully on March 09, 2023, 10:05:38 PM
I too own a JLH snakewood. The thing just runs on everything. I haven't tried but it could probably pull a turkey out of a kitchen plate.

I just tried it....it doesnt!????????????????
Jeff, I'll bet you forget to ROUGH UP the plate.  These are FRICTION calls we are Dealing with!  LOL!

BDeal

Quote from: SDK on March 14, 2023, 11:40:26 AM
Here it is!

Is that a standard frogwood or the bullfrog?

SDK

Quote from: BDeal on March 16, 2023, 01:25:01 PM
Here it is!

Standard frogwood. It should be her in a few days, so I will post a better pic/description then...

BDeal

Quote from: SDK on March 16, 2023, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: BDeal on March 16, 2023, 01:25:01 PM
Here it is!

Standard frogwood. It should be her in a few days, so I will post a better pic/description then...

I have one and really like it. Yours is more colorful. I have a hickory JLH stick that I really like and am considering the snakewood and bullfrog as well.

SDK

I'm very excited to try it on my pots and have about 5 weeks to work with it before the season opener...

btodd00

I just got a snakewood in mail yesterday, sounds good on everything ive tried it on. Got it to pair with a snakewood trough call I have from Rick Ferlita but it will be used with much more than that

Big Jeremy

I've got, well, A LOT of strikers from Jeff. He just doesn't put out anything that doesn't flat out run. His snakewood is certainly no exception. It is fantastic. My favorite snakewood. All of his strikers now are my favorite, though. I've got a couple of locusts from different makers that are close, but his strikers just do it better for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk