OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

JLH snakewood

Started by SemoRiverRat, March 07, 2023, 03:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SemoRiverRat

Has anyone tried one of Jeff's one piece snakes yet? What did you think?  I should have one on the mail the next few days.

callmakerman

Jeff turns a great striker. I'm sure you will be more than pleased.

Upfold99

I have one. My favorite snakewood that I own. You will like it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Loyalist84

Jeff's strikers are top notch and his Snakewood is one of my favourites that he's made for me. He knows his wood supply and doesn't turn just any old stick - if it comes from his shop, it's a player.

Haymarket

I ordered one of his today too when he posted those 4. I had promised myself no new strikers this year, but that one all the way on the right was just too pretty, so I bit the bullet. Can't wait to try it. My current favorite striker is a Pappy Snakewood I've had for a decade or so.

JLH

Here's a few.....

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OsceolaDreams

Jeff is the man, best in the business

rong

Yep! Jeff turns a mean stick. Mine aren't near as purdy as those snakes but they sure do play.

Notsoyoungturk

Got some strikers from him this year.  His snakewood and bullfrog are my favorites on my glass call.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Harty

Quote from: JLH on March 08, 2023, 09:57:54 AM
Here's a few.....

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

While Jeff makes an outstanding Striker (of which I have many) he also knows how to "dangle a carrot. I'm sure you will love youre "Snake" Semo.

Tom007

Top notch strikers, top notch guy! You won't be disappointed!
"Solo hunter"

zsully

I too own a JLH snakewood. The thing just runs on everything. I haven't tried but it could probably pull a turkey out of a kitchen plate.

Turkeyshooter3

SDK

I have a frogwood striker shipping out tomorrow. Can't wait to try it on both crystal and slate...

bbcoach

Quote from: SDK on March 14, 2023, 10:19:25 AM
I have a frogwood striker shipping out tomorrow. Can't wait to try it on both crystal and slate...
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE FROGWOOD ON ANY SURFACE!  This is my GO TO on every call.  The birch laminate is MONEY on every surface I play it on.  Hope you got a Great color!