turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Advice on Maine bear hunt

Started by Farmboy27, December 10, 2023, 02:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

Hey everyone. Hope all is well and the fall hunting seasons have been good and safe!  I'm looking into booking a Maine bear hunt with my son and father. I've always wanted the 3 of us to go on an out of state hunt together. And with my son going to be a senior in high school next year and on to college after that, time is running out. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a Maine bear outfitter for a baited hunt. This would probably be a once in a lifetime deal that the 3 of us would be together for a hunting trip and I don't want to waste it on a bad outfitter. I trust you fellas much more than I do a website write up and references that the outfitter chooses to list!  Thanks a bunch everyone!!

Tail Feathers

I don't know anything about hunting bear, but it sounds like a great adventure for your family and I wish you luck.  Bump to the top for you.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

NCSWAMPFOX

if you are not set on maine, consider north carolina. we have largest bears and bear population in country. pm me for details if you like.

Roost 1

WV Flopper

Professional Maine Guide
188 Inn Rd
Allagash, ME  04774
Phone: 207-398-3419
  Email Sean Lizotte

Haven't been here in years but this guy had a good operation and killed a lot of bears. Northern Maine, big woods. Give him a call and talk to him and see if he can accommodate you and your needs.

310 gauge

Agree with NCSWAMPFOX. The World Record Black, by Gun, was taken less than 30 miles from my recliner I'm in a few years back, over 800 pounds. This past weekend a 780 was taken by Compound Bow across the river from me, as the Crow flies less than 5 miles. Three years ago I had one over 550 under my carport who came back later that night and did over 400 dollars in damage to all my bird feeders. They're aggravating pests!

Mountainburd

Another option to consider is New Brunswick.  I'm not sure what state you'll be coming from but it's not that much further past Maine.