turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weatherby SA-08 with new Apex Greenleaf

Started by cassga, March 06, 2023, 08:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassga

I picked up a couple boxes of the new 20 gauge Apex Greenleaf 9/10 blend in Nashville and got around to testing it out this weekend. This is through a Sumtoy .562 at 40 yards. I quit counting after 300.

b wilt

Good Night!!! that is really good for 40 yards!

runngun

That is a heck of a pattern!!! Will get it done all day everyday.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mountainhunter1

That will kill a lot of turkeys.

I can remember the days when even a ten gauge could not put half that into a ten inch circle. Now folks are hunting with 410's and 28's. A lot has changed.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

yelpy

The little 10's sure do bring the #'s up. Im sceptical on using them for turkey hunting. Not that they wont work but Id bet its not too fun picking them out of the meat.

357MAGNOLE

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

cassga

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on April 11, 2023, 05:41:25 PM
What's the 15 yard pattern look like?

Didn't check 15 yards, but I suspect there's not much room for error! I do run a red dot to help with POA

BennieGobbler

Whewwwe. Very tight.  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Print by Madison, on Flickr

SM

RiverBuck

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

cannonball

Quote from: yelpy on April 11, 2023, 04:58:03 PM
The little 10's sure do bring the #'s up. Im sceptical on using them for turkey hunting. Not that they wont work but Id bet its not too fun picking them out of the meat.

I shot the Greenleaf blends last year. I killed two mature birds and my nephew killed one using them. There were numerous breast hits but I didn't find a single pellet, they went all the way through. I've picked a bunch of lead #5's and Hevi-13 #7's out in past seasons.

Dr Juice

King Cobra

As previously mentioned be careful with those closer shots. In the heat of the moment your mind set must be like you are shooting a rifle.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.