OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dads calls Green mamba

Started by DBuck90, March 03, 2023, 10:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger

Nothing to debate. The actual reamer itself Jerry White and Dewey Johnson used and use for their trumpets was designed and built by Frank Hegler when both of them stayed with him to begin turning yelpers.  I can say for certain they're Frank Hegler internals, never said they would match exactly another call made by Frank.  Those are the facts, but of course facts are stubborn things aren't they.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

outdoornut

Quote from: Ranger on April 28, 2023, 11:00:41 PM
Nothing to debate. The actual reamer itself Jerry White and Dewey Johnson used and use for their trumpets was designed and built by Frank Hegler when both of them stayed with him to begin turning yelpers.  I can say for certain they're Frank Hegler internals, never said they would match exactly another call made by Frank.  Those are the facts, but of course facts are stubborn things aren't they.
You made part of my point.Alot of guys make reamers.That's doesn't mean the internals are the same which was implied " Frank Hegler's internals". Many call makers that are tool and die makers make reamers for other call makers to the specific call makers specifications and they may design the reamer if the call maker needs help with that, but the that would mean it wasn't Jerry's design.So Hegler should have won the award.Another one of those pesky facts.My fact is that they are not the internals Hegler used.I got alot of facts about this whole subject that I have refrained from saying. So let's agree to disagree.
On a side note, are you not the same guy I offered to go by and see Mr.Stowe  and pick you up a call if the Lord would have spared him more time here in earth to make them and send it to you?
If you go back up and read , I never bashed your friend (obviously).I  just stated a fact and there are many more people that feel the same way for the same reasons.
I'm sorry if you're offended, but my statement is the same and it is based on fact. Have a good weekend.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Ranger

Good man first of all I'm not offended or upset about anything you've said. Someone asked if the call was acrylic and I said yes and has Hegler internals, which it does considering he built the reamer and worked with both of them to get the call they were looking for. When I said designed and built Im referring to when both were staying with Mr. Frank and working on call prototypes, not a you build a reamer and ship it to me kind of deal. They made a prototype which was somewhat shorter, and then made a longer call like the ones you see now. I never said the call has the exact internals as his calls, you implied that. I was simply stating that's who and where the specs come from, and they do.  But to say the call isn't Jerry's design or work wouldn't be fair, he worked with another call maker with a great deal of experience in turning to build a call he was looking for.

And yes I remember you saying you visited Mr. Lewis's shop several times and you did offer to do that, something I dont take lightly.  I'm very grateful for your generosity, then and now. Unfortunately for us he was already in the hospital by several days if not more by then, and the good Lord had already seen fit that his time here was to be finished.  His daughter said it was joyful for him, faith in the Lord brings peace that nothing can change
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Zobo

Quote from: outdoornut on April 28, 2023, 08:36:29 PM
Let's talk about something less controversial, like politics

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Or out of state hunters!
No but seriously, some interesting information on trumpet internals
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Zobo

Quote from: Ranger on April 29, 2023, 01:13:53 AM
faith in the Lord brings peace that nothing can change

Gotta give this an Amen!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

ol bob

I feel that I need to comment on this, can't say what he did after he got it, but when Jerry got the reamer it was exactly like Franks, to with in .001". I know this because I made it. Not only did I have the print that Frank gave me, I measured his reamer. I know Jerry was doing something wrong, he broke 3 in 6 Mos. but there is more to it than reaming a hole. Also the Dim. for this reamer was out there a long time before Frank made his.

outdoornut

I know you're an honest guy Bob and I will not say you're lying, but I  took a bore scope that we use over small pipe and tiny crevices to find defects in piping and machinery. You have to make a reference measurement you have to establish and then you can take measurements readings and feed them into the computer and it will tell you the measurements. I done it , due to curiosity based on a conversation you and I had to several trumpets and it confirmed some things we talked about. It does not match the Heglers I have at all.I don't know , but they don't match.No where near each other. Some things we talked about were confirmed.
I'm done with this, I  know what the scope says, but I know Bob Buckner is not a liar and I think too much of him to even insinuate it.