Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Any new shotgun setups?

Started by MISSISSIPPI Double beard, March 02, 2023, 06:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Is anyone shooting a new setup this year? I mounted my Mossberg 835 with a pentax turkey scope. I sold a scope like this to a member on OG and have regretted it ever since. I finally found another luckily for the same price I sold the other. I will update when I pattern it.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

eddie234

I mounted my swamp fox king slayer my lead shooting shotgun this evening. I'll probably be taking it out as my first option this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Charley B

It's a darn sweet shotgun right there!!!
I'll drop a quick word to let you know, team mates, that I'm still here with you guys.
Can't wait to hit the woods (April 25)

dublelung

I swapped sights and put a Burris FF 2 on my 870. Shot my first turkey with it this morning!

MS Boy

Mossberg 940 Pro in Greenleaf with a Holosun Green dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Here's a update, the pattern was good.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Charley B

Did put a Venom red dot on my Benelli. Will zero it next week,can't wait to try this...

Big Jeremy

No changes made to my primary rig...an 870 SM with 23" Sumtoy .660 choked barrel, shur-shot stock, topped with a Swamp Fox Kingslayer green circle dot slinging hand loaded TSS 9s. Rolled up 5 new shells yesterday in hopes that the ones I have remaining from past years won't be enough...yeah right. Ha!

No changes to my Retay Masai Mara...shoot the bead with a .660 Sumtoy.

Added a Swamp Fox Kingslayer green circle dot to my Mossberg 500 20 ga...still using an old Wright's Swarm choke on it, and it performs admirably with TSSShot 9s that I purchased. Will carry it a time or two at some point.

My youth/daughter's gun, and if I'm feeling a bit frisky gun is a Stevens 301T in .410 with the factory choke shooting Rogue TSS 9.5s. It has a Bushnell TRS-25 sitting on top.

Tom007

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on March 02, 2023, 06:25:38 PM
Is anyone shooting a new setup this year? I mounted my Mossberg 835 with a pentax turkey scope. I sold a scope like this to a member on OG and have regretted it ever since. I finally found another luckily for the same price I sold the other. I will update when I pattern it.

That set-up is awesome. Unreal......
"Solo hunter"