turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another project gun

Started by Teamblue, March 02, 2023, 10:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamblue

This one is finished. Started out as an 870 fieldmaster youth compact 20 gauge.  18.5" bbl.  The stock was tiny.  Shorter than a standard youth LOP.  I removed it and tried a pistol grip but hated it. Couldnt get used to it.  I bought a boyds forest green laminate stock but the colors were too vivid. Like neon green and blues. So i did a diy paint job kind of like natgear with some webbing on top.  It has a colonial choke .570, sumtoy base and vortex venom. Also added a smaller/lighter forearm.  It shoots very good with tss. Terrible so far with longbeard xr but that box hasnt shot well in anything for me.  I am on the lookout for another box.  Here it is against an oak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teamblue

Forgot to mention that the trigger was terrible. Just terrible.  Long take up and pre-travel, gritty, with several stops before breaking. Sent it off to get worked and it came back better. Still not as good as id like but good enough

Stickbow98

Awesome paint job. That pattern could be marketable.  :z-winnersmiley:
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

Tom007

Is there a gun there?? Nice camo
"Solo hunter"

tnanh

RED NECK

You did an outstanding job with that paint job!!! I have 3 of these little 870 20 youths, awesome little guns for sure.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

jhoward11

Good looking gun! Like the camo also.

the Ward

GuideGun

Awesome looking gun!  Try the Timney trigger kit for the 870.  It changes some of the springs and sear I believe.  Might be what you're looking for to improve that trigger.
Matt

beagler

Never Misses

Teamblue

Thanks for the compliments.  I picked up another box of longbeard xr #5'a to try thru it yesterday.  Just need a little time to give it a try. 

TrackeySauresRex

Nice job, looks FannnnnnTastic!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

lunghit

Beautiful gun. I really like it and good luck with it this season.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Teamblue

Quote from: Tom007 on March 02, 2023, 12:36:42 PM
Is there a gun there?? Nice camo
If only i could get my whole turkey hunting costume to match the gun camo. Then when im taking a nap, the turkeys wouldnt notice me except maybe the snoring.  :)

Teamblue

Shot the little gun a few times this week. Heres a pattern pic with herter's #9 at 35 yds.  Impact a little low.  Colonial choke .570". Apex ninja did about the same. Tried 2 boxes of longbeard xr and this combo doesnt like them.     "