turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Somebody please

Started by Howieg, March 01, 2023, 06:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

funny this just popped up. I was in a local sporting goods store a couple weeks ago looking at the "turkey stuff" when a fellow I use to shoot archery tournaments with walked up with another guy. we started talking about the price of TSS when the guy I knew made the statement that he liked to use a .22 caliber rifle. I thought he was joking so I replied that I use to use a tennis racket but it was tearing their heads up to bad so I went back to my shotgun with #6's. he looked straight at me and said "you're being funny but I am dead serious".  I guess the moral is  "as long as it's legal do what makes YOU happy".

Teamblue

Shotgun??  Rifles make them extra dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brillo

Stick bows and wing bones only.

Chuck1443

Quote from: runngun on March 01, 2023, 09:02:07 AM
Grown men shooting "Pixie Dust" ,shooting turkeys over a fake rubber turkey, a while hiding in a "TENT".Of course I would hide in a tent too, IF I WAS TOTING A MAN PURSE!!!!

Just joking!!! I love y'all!!! Have a good one,Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Sucking on these little fairy flutes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Brillo on March 02, 2023, 07:00:59 AM
A real man would use an atlatl
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: runngun on March 01, 2023, 09:02:07 AM
Grown men shooting "Pixie Dust" ,shooting turkeys over a fake rubber turkey, a while hiding in a "TENT".Of course I would hide in a tent too, IF I WAS TOTING A MAN PURSE!!!!

Just joking!!! I love y'all!!! Have a good one,Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
:o :TooFunny:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

the Ward

"Official 2023 O.G. Celebrity Turkey Roast"

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 02, 2023, 08:31:11 AM
Quote from: Brillo on March 02, 2023, 07:00:59 AM
A real man would use an atlatl
The Pa. Game Commission in their infinite wisdom at one time actually considered an Atlatl season for deer! I am not kidding! They did discuss it, then dropped it.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Gooserbat

I'm in favor of outlawing butt cushions.  I mean the old timers sat on the pointy rocks and the uncomfortable tree roots.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 02, 2023, 09:12:06 AM
I'm in favor of outlawing butt cushions.  I mean the old timers sat on the pointy rocks and the uncomfortable tree roots.
Sit? The real hard core hunters would chase them down and tackle them! How do you think Jim Brown got started?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

the Ward

Agreed. Besides, most of today's hunters have built in cushions anyways. Definitely an unfair
advantage.

reflexl

I am thinking about leaving the guns at home and try grinning the birds down like Davy Crockett since I actually hunt on the same land he hunted.

Cowboy

That will separate the men from the boys!

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

Quote from: reflexl on March 01, 2023, 11:27:02 AM
My new hunting blind

GOATS don't need no stinking blinds.  I just ordered a dozen of those tent-sized struttin'-gobbler fans so we can just march right up to 'em while eatin' our oatmeal creme pies.  ...Now that's a REAL challenge!   ;D