turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One piece strikers....

Started by Tarheel, February 25, 2023, 10:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

Even though I know two-piece strikers will sound and work just as well as a one piece striker, I prefer a one piece striker.  The one piece striker just appeals to me more....an especially a snakewood striker!!! 

West Augusta

Snakewood does make a beautiful striker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

runngun

Oh!!! That's what I am talking about!!! Snake wood strikers!!! That is going to be beautiful!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

310 gauge

Have to agree, I prefer the one piece also. Those Snakes should run on most surfaces you try also. Good luck in turning. 

Sir-diealot

I like a one piece myself, I do not know why but I am always afraid I will break a two piece striker. I have some mighty nice two piece strikers as well though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

BKAart

The last 2 pots I've sent out, requested 1 pc flare tip strikers. I went back and made them, but the 2 pc diamond woods I matched to them ran just as good. Never locked myself down to a particular type. I run what ever I believe sounds best. I have a pile of them to. lol
Purrr D Calls "Proof that Looks can Kill"

TScottW99

I run both but do love my one piece strikers. Snake wood is next on my list.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

mmclain

turkey stew

Tarheel

To me...a little extra attention on a one piece striker is well worth the effort.  It increases my pride of ownership, and I enjoy using it more.  The problem is it takes more thought and time....and time is money.  But I'm particular and slow anyway....so it doesn't matter....LOL!!!

runngun

I prefer to run a one piece striker.  Especially Walnut or snake wood. I like the sound that I am able to get from the one piece.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

chbarnha

I prefer one piece strikers hands down, but clays two pieces will be in my bag as well. They are hands down the best two piece strikers I've ever run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

EZ

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: EZ on February 27, 2023, 06:47:02 PM
Beautiful striker Marvin!!!
Agree wholeheartedly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Tarheel

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement!  I appreciate it.  The last time I did any woodturning was back in 2005; and frankly, I was apprehensive if I had forgotten too much to start back again.  I decided to turn a few strikers to see how that turned out, and go from there.  Anyway, I've gotten on a roll, and it's slowly coming back.  I'm not sure I would recommend snakewood for testing anyone's turning skills.....LOL!!!