turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Woodhaven Crystal Pot....The Hunting Public Pot

Started by jbrown, February 24, 2023, 10:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

Does anyone use the pot from Woodhaven called The Hunting Public Crystal Pot?? Any pros or cons??

Bowguy

Imo the cons with all woodhaven would be the price. There are usually better calls for much less than something mass produced. Idk that call as I stay away from woodhaven.

outdoors

I received a Hunting Public Crystal Pot when they first came out
Really nice sounding call sounds great when you play it softly
Don't understand why it cost so much now  went up in price
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

aclawrence

I agree with bowguy. It probably cost so much since it says THP on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejd

Not a big fan of the hunting public so I would never buy
One.

Lcmacd 58

Some people relate price with quality and that's not always the case. I have very expensive calls that I cant run ...  I have less expensive calls that are all turkey. It's a crap shoot.

Dazzler

Pro: it could possibly call in a turkey.

Con: relatively high price. It says THP on it.

worth612000

Woodhaven isn't a big company. I'm surprised if there's more than 5 autos in the parking lot and half is office help. I have seen in the past where they advertise and support OG. I have had great success with their Cherry Classic Crystal along with the many other calls from call makers on here.

Wvgobbler

If that's the call you want buy it. I wouldn't worry about what people think of it. Woodhaven calls will call in and kill turkeys... I've called in several gobblers throughout the years with a cherry classic crystal and still use their mouth calls... I've actually got calls from really well known call makers that's the same price if not more expensive that doesn't sound any better if not worse than that one. For years that call dominated the stage if you look back at Woodhaven many awards in calling contests with there calls... I've actually had a few really good call makers tell me that the cherry classic crystal was a phenomenal call.... Mike is a really good person too and all his staff are really nice.

Lcmacd 58

Greg Massey

I've never seen the need to buy one, with all the other good custom call builders who build pot calls... In my opinion buy what you want ...

CG1997

Quote from: mikejd on February 28, 2023, 10:20:50 AM
Not a big fan of the hunting public so I would never buy
One.
Why are you not a fan? One of the best hunting channels on YouTube. Are you envious or something?

Dazzler

Quote from: CG1997 on May 11, 2023, 11:05:23 PM

Why are you not a fan? One of the best hunting channels on YouTube. Are you envious or something?

As a former subscriber to their channel and fan , I'll answer the why.  At first, they were very relatable.    It has transformed into another hunting marketing machine pushing merch, discount codes and encouraging viewers to sMasH that like button.

Once I found out state funds were being used to pay them to blow up public land/spots BY NAME, my spidey sense went off.  Loose lips...

Once I realized they were advertising a close by WMA, I knew things would not be the same.  I was done at that point.

Now today they are pushing $400 turkey vests. 

Great business and I wish them all success, but it seems things have changed since their first episodes...better yet the money has changed it.  No envy it is just a different product now that does little to set itself apart from the pack.