News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Guns / Shotguns

Started by Greg Massey, January 30, 2023, 10:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

I have had so many it would be to laboring to list. I`ll go with this:

Early on Marlin goose 12ga to heavy and not choked for turkey. It was made for killing geese. Nice firearm if used for intended purpose. It went.
Remington 1100 magnum. Heavy, if i remember correctly 3 inch chamber. Nice firearm. Kind of regretted letting it go.
Remington 1187 12ga. my nightmare. I told Remington you should market this to the military as it shoots around corners. They replaced it and I immediately sold it. I should of gave it more time as I have a heart for big green.
Mossberg 835 with Nikon turkey scope stock choke. My go to turkey taker. Never let me down.
Mossberg sa-20 with swampfox reflex. Soft shooter, patterns well. Still getting to know this one.
Beretta A350 12 ga. Bead sight, does the job, light to carry. Mainly I use this for waterfowl. 

bbcoach

I got it Right the very first time.  Mossy 835 with a 24" barrel.  Trigger work done to take out the creep and lightened the pull to about 3 lbs.  Added a Red dot to correct a 3" right and 3" down POA/POI issue.  Put on a Pure Gold .670 choke and she shoots LIGHTS OUT with 3 1/2" 2 1/4 oz Hevi 7's.  Total Confidence in this gun. 

InmemoryofLMC

1-Stoeger M3500
Jelly head
2-Mossberg 940 Turkey Pro 18.5
Carlson Long Beard .660
Holosun 407k
2 SAMUEL 22:3-4 The God of my rock; in him will I trust

Teamblue

I thought this thread was about guns you regretted purchasing and why.  Not a list of all your guns??  Maybe OP could chime.  Would be helpful information if that were any prospective buyers at decision time.  If you read the ad copy they're all perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teamblue

I stand corrected. I was wrong. Disregard my previous post. My apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuideGun

I started out with a 12 gauge Remington 11-87 that I built into a turkey gun myself as my first turkey gun. Then I built a Midland backpacker 20 gauge into a turkey gun. Both of those are gone and I now have my 2 forever turkey guns:

Benelli SBE3 12ga steadygrip 24"
Scalarworks mount and Aimpoint H2 red dot
Trigger job done myself
Indian Creek .665" shooting Apex 3.5" #8.5s Ninjas

Franchi Affinity 3 Waterfowl Elite 20ga
Barrel being cut by Comp-N-Choke right now to 21" and threaded for Invector.
Scalarworks mount and Trijicon RMR red dot
Trigger job done myself
Indian creek .562" shooting Apex 3" #9s

I think the most exciting thing right now is the the custom flintlock fowler I'm currently having built and should be finished by this springs season. It has a Colerain 42" turkey choked barrel on it that chokes to .580" at the muzzle. It is being built on a beautiful blank of figured walnut. I am having some turkey specific metal engraving done on the lock plate and barrel breech. I plan on shooting TSS 9s or a 9/10 blend. I am most excited to hunt with that gun this spring over everything else.
Matt

bigdrumnc

CVA .410-factory jebs choke, and added a Burris fast fire 3.  I absolutely love it.

Old original Benellli Super Black Eagle,  axes a fast fire 3 with a meadow creak mount and a Sumtoy choke.  Great set up ,  but dang it's heavy!