OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Prudhomme Trumpet Opportunity

Started by davisd9, February 21, 2023, 04:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

It don't surprise me it when over 1800 for his trumpet ... He could make a video about dirt and put it in zip - lock bags and probably sell it for a couple hundred dollars bag...  LOL...  A lot of us would probably buy bags of dirt... :TooFunny:

wchadw

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 25, 2023, 05:37:56 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 21, 2023, 06:02:27 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 21, 2023, 05:50:04 PM
I bet it goes for over 1000 dollars ... A beautiful trumpet...

If it is anywhere close to the call my Prudhomme Ironwood is then I would pay that and then some.
Ive been on his list for years and never have heard a word..
I've been on it for almost 5 years....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on February 26, 2023, 09:17:48 PM
Prudhomme trumpet's are not on my list as I deem them unobtainable.  I heard a crazy-sad thing last year talking to some turkey guides in SC.  They asked me had I heard of him as they had been on a guided hunt he was part of.  He gave one of them a trumpet.  I asked the one that he had given it to if he used it and he said he never tried it.  He took it with him on a hunt and sat on it and broke it .  The guy didn't act like it was a big deal.

Man that is sad!

turkey stew

Prudhomme trumpet's are not on my list as I deem them unobtainable.  I heard a crazy-sad thing last year talking to some turkey guides in SC.  They asked me had I heard of him as they had been on a guided hunt he was part of.  He gave one of them a trumpet.  I asked the one that he had given it to if he used it and he said he never tried it.  He took it with him on a hunt and sat on it and broke it .  The guy didn't act like it was a big deal.

It was'nt a big deal because he did'nt pay $1800+ for the horn!

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: turkey stew on February 28, 2023, 08:20:37 AM

It was'nt a big deal because he did'nt pay $1800+ for the horn!
Yep, but it tore me up when he told me...

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

DFelico

It would ruin my season if that happened to me.

randywallace

Quote from: mrclif on March 10, 2023, 10:29:51 AM
I've been on his "list" since 2018 he's told me several times he was making it then nothing. I hope his calls are better than his word because it ain't worth nothing.

I am not on his list, but that seems to be a common sentiment from those that have told me they were.

Notsoyoungturk

I reached out on facebook to ask him to put me on his list.  I was expecting a 5 year wait.  Haven't even received a response.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

DFelico

Pretty sure he shut the list down. Finishing what he had and that was it.

Mark Prudhomme

I am sorry if you have reached out to me and i have not responded. I truly appreciate everyone who wants one of my calls. I have not made many calls and the ones i make usually go to Unicoi or i donate. I recieve 100s of messages of put me on the list and phone calls. I get text messages, messages on face book instagram and other places i didnt even know i could get messages from. I run into people at church, stores, restaurants that say put me on the list.  When i started building calls i planned to just make a few. It has turned into more than i can handle. I make about 35 a year and this year 25 or so went to unicoi. It took me 2 months and several vacation days to get them done. That leaves maybe 10 a year that can go to close friends or a list that honestly i cant keep track of. I also was asked this year to donate 10 calls to the Mr. Fox vest  by Mossy Oak to benifit turkey research. that put me further behind but i felt it was an honor and important to do.  I try my best to keep my word and i wish i could get everyone who calls or messages a call. It is not possible. Just managing the list is more than i can do. I work full time and enjoy time with family. I know many call makers who stopped doing lists because it is impossible.  I tried to continue a list but im afraid it is more than i can handle. There may be more time in my future to devote to making more calls but for now i take pride in my calls and the sound they produce and I can only make them 1 at a time.

Mathews.1

Shame you have to come on here and defend yourself. I appreciate what you do for the wild turkey and this sport we all love.

runngun

It really is. But I appreciate you taking the time.  You have to enjoy what you do, and you have to make time for family. At the end of the day that is who's going to be there.

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Gobbler428

I agree, it is a shame you have to come on here to defend yourself. Thank you for everything you do for the wild turkey and for having your priorities in order - family comes first. Thanks for the status update on your call making and I look forward to meeting you at Unicoi someday.

EZ

Well said Mark. You ARE known as a man of your word and quite an accomplished caller and builder.

I can only imagine how you try to keep up. It's next to impossible for me and I'm retired and not even close to as "in demand" as you. My "list" has been shutdown for sometime now. I hate to do it, but I must to be fair to the customer and myself.

Sounds like you have a good system of making as many high quality calls as you can without going insane, lol!!
Good luck Brother. Most folks have great respect for you!!!

davisd9

It is an absolute shame that people feel entitled to something just because they ask for a place on a list. I know for a fact that no one on that list has put down one dime in order to be on that list. It is also a shame that people come one a public forum and try to insinuate that someone is this bad person that cannot be trusted because they have not received something that only cost them a phone call, a message, etc. Anyone that knows Mr. Mark knows that the negative things written about him in this thread is a big pile of crap.

It is a shame that things have gone this way. Most of the call builders have done away with lists and I would not blame many of them to just call it quits all together by the way people treat them over a turkey call.  Heck, you cannot even post a call you bought anymore without someone getting their pants in a wad like they were jumped over or something. The last couple of years the Turkey hunting community has really started killing itself and that just sucks.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer