OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Sweet 16 Ready for this spring!

Started by Tom007, February 20, 2023, 09:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobrunner

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Tom007

I got some new ammo from Foxtrot for my 16 yesterday. Got out to pattern it. It is 2 3/4 # 9 with 1 7/8 oz load. I only had to fire one shot. I am very happy with it......will be in the field this spring....
"Solo hunter"

owlhoot

That's a great combo, good looking rig and killer pattern to boot.

Tom007

Quote from: owlhoot on March 11, 2023, 10:12:18 AM
That's a great combo, good looking rig and killer pattern to boot.

Thanks much......
"Solo hunter"

RED NECK

Fantastic patterns, the gun looks great too. I know I used to have 16 gauge turkey loads from Federal in stock where I managed but I haven't seen any in years up here, I would love to add a 16 gauge to the collection and I can actually use it for turkeys as well.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

the Ward

Nice pattern Tom, it shoots as good as it looks.

Tom007

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 11, 2023, 11:10:28 AM
Fantastic patterns, the gun looks great too. I know I used to have 16 gauge turkey loads from Federal in stock where I managed but I haven't seen any in years up here, I would love to add a 16 gauge to the collection and I can actually use it for turkeys as well.

You can get great TSS 16 gauge from Fox Trot, and Apex. Thanks for the kind reply.....hope you can add one to your fine collection.....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Ridge Rooster

Awesome well thought out gun! Good luck this spring!!!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

RED NECK

Quote from: Tom007 on March 11, 2023, 03:41:01 PM

You can get great TSS 16 gauge from Fox Trot, and Apex. Thanks for the kind reply.....hope you can add one to your fine collection.....
I know but they do not ship out of country, and I have not found a single company up here that is making tss shells. I could always learn to roll my own, I have actually looked a few times for a decent 16 gauge the last year, lots of beat up cooeys and old guns, I want a newer gun. You did a great job with yours. Special gun for sure.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tom007

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on March 11, 2023, 04:04:47 PM
Awesome well thought out gun! Good luck this spring!!!

Ridge Rooster

Thank you, good luck to you as well....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 11, 2023, 04:34:57 PM

I know but they do not ship out of country, and I have not found a single company up here that is making tss shells. I could always learn to roll my own, I have actually looked a few times for a decent 16 gauge the last year, lots of beat up cooeys and old guns, I want a newer gun. You did a great job with yours. Special gun for sure.

Good luck in your search my friend.......
"Solo hunter"

krm944

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 11, 2023, 04:34:57 PM

If I can load TSS shells, ANYONE can do it!! I loaded TSS BB for my son to hunt deer with! The hardest part is finding the components you need in stock!

krm944

Quote from: Tom007 on February 22, 2023, 03:49:55 PM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 22, 2023, 08:01:35 AM
Did you do the wrap yourself or send it off someplace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dave, my wife helped me with a hair dryer. She is an artist, has very good skills trimming, and the patience of a saint. It looks like it was dipped. Be safe my friend.....

I love the look of that wrap. Is the material easy to work with? Do you need 2 people?