OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Sweet 16 Ready for this spring!

Started by Tom007, February 20, 2023, 09:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Finally finished my Sweet 16. I found a good sling swivel set-up, installed it yesterday. Hard to find the barrel clamp stud for a 16 gauge, but I did. I used Mossy Oak Gun Skin camo in Bottomland, came out perfect. I have a Briley .600 Extended Non- Ported Turkey Choke and will be using Apex #7 TSS (1 5/8 oz), and Foxtrot's TSS #9 (1 7/8 oz). This gun has a 26 inch barrel with the Browning DS Choke System. I added a Meadow Creek mount and FF3 Red Dot. This gun weighs 5lbs 12 oz. Being a 2 3/4 inch gun, the felt recoil is very minimal, it handles unreal. I finished it off with a quick-release Vero-Vellini Sling. This will see action this Spring for sure! Be safe, it's right around the corner....
"Solo hunter"

btodd00

Very nice, was it a wood stocked gun to start with or synthetic?

Ranman

Very nice. I have an older Belgium made Sweet 16's. I use it for dove and occasionally quail.

Tom007

Quote from: btodd00 on February 20, 2023, 10:37:18 PM
Very nice, was it a wood stocked gun to start with or synthetic?

It is a wood stock. I tried to buy synthetic, but they don't make it. The gun skin doesn't harm the wood, in fact it protects it. Thanks...
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Ranman on February 20, 2023, 11:33:59 PM
Very nice. I have an older Belgium made Sweet 16's. I use it for dove and occasionally quail.

The older Belgium guns are fantastic, real treasures...
"Solo hunter"

the Ward

Love it! That is a very well thought out rig.I plan on owning one some day. Maybe as a retirement gift to myself. Hard to beat a Browning for a quality firearm.

Tom007

Quote from: the Ward on February 21, 2023, 09:00:50 AM
Love it! That is a very well thought out rig.I plan on owning one some day. Maybe as a retirement gift to myself. Hard to beat a Browning for a quality firearm.

Thanks Ward, appreciate the kind words....
"Solo hunter"

snoman4

Nice looking gun.  Love my old Model 12 in 16 gauge.  Good luck this season.  Hope to see a hero shot with it and a bird.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: snoman4 on February 21, 2023, 08:46:13 PM
Nice looking gun.  Love my old Model 12 in 16 gauge.  Good luck this season.  Hope to see a hero shot with it and a bird.

Thanks so much, I wish you success this spring with your nostalgic Model 12........
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

Did you do the wrap yourself or send it off someplace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btomlin

The only thing better would be if that hull was purple....then you know it's a 16!!  :)

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 22, 2023, 08:01:35 AM
Did you do the wrap yourself or send it off someplace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dave, my wife helped me with a hair dryer. She is an artist, has very good skills trimming, and the patience of a saint. It looks like it was dipped. Be safe my friend.....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: btomlin on February 22, 2023, 10:01:19 AM
The only thing better would be if that hull was purple....then you know it's a 16!!  :)

Yes sir, Apex 16 gauge is Blue....be well....
"Solo hunter"

snoman4

Quote from: Tom007 on February 22, 2023, 06:50:11 AM

Thanks so much, I wish you success this spring with your nostalgic Model 12........
I'm not hunting mine this spring.  I built a new 28 gauge for myself to hunt with this season.  It was wood stocked as well and I did this mossy wraps on it too.

Tom007

Quote from: snoman4 on February 22, 2023, 04:00:36 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 22, 2023, 06:50:11 AM

I'm not hunting mine this spring.  I built a new 28 gauge for myself to hunt with this season.  It was wood stocked as well and I did this mossy wraps on it too.

Fantastic, good luck with that 28!
"Solo hunter"