OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lonzo Custom Calls

Started by REBELYELL, February 19, 2023, 05:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

Quote from: bowbird87 on February 20, 2023, 04:37:42 PM
Hooked any stand out more than others as far as kills?
I've killed with all of the trumpets and tree yelpers except one and 13 of the pots. After I use a call to kill a bird I put the date on the back of the koozie that I store them in and put them up and get something else in rotation. Of those 13 pot kills, 5 of the 6 Bulletwood combinations have been responsible so I'd say they stand out the most and 4 different acrylic pots have been used so they're not far behind. In recent years I've used his calls to kill the majority of my turkeys,  so I may be partial, but they're pure death to turkeys for sure. They're not the only calls I use, I just often find success when I do.

310 gauge

Sweet collection!  You may have solved a couple of wood pot questions I had also. Great seeing some familiar strikers also. Thanks for taking the time to share!!!

3bailey3

Bowguy

wyetterp

Posting so I can constantly come back & drool over those collections!!

Has anyone else been talked out of a titanium from him? I'm surprised not to see some in those collections. I'm beginning to wonder how bad he actually hates titanium.

He talked me out of a few titaniums, but what he recommended was spot on for what I actually wanted/needed.

Does anyone have one from him that they can compare to his other metals? Pretty sure that man could take a pizza box & turn it into a turkey pied piper somehow.

Love the collections guys. Impressive!

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Roscoe_outdoors

Sweet looking collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: wyetterp on March 01, 2023, 08:05:42 PM
Posting so I can constantly come back & drool over those collections!!

Has anyone else been talked out of a titanium from him? I'm surprised not to see some in those collections. I'm beginning to wonder how bad he actually hates titanium.

He talked me out of a few titaniums, but what he recommended was spot on for what I actually wanted/needed.

Does anyone have one from him that they can compare to his other metals? Pretty sure that man could take a pizza box & turn it into a turkey pied piper somehow.

Love the collections guys. Impressive!
Lon definitely does not like Titanium. I've ran a couple of his but also went with different calls when I had the option to choose what pots I wanted to buy from him at that time. In hindsight I do wish I would've picked up at least one because I don't think he plans to build more.

rong

I only have 1 of Lon's pots. It's purple slate in a rosewood pot. I feel kinda "inadequate" after looking at the collections on this post.

wyetterp

Quote from: rong on March 03, 2023, 10:15:02 AM
I only have 1 of Lon's pots. It's purple slate in a rosewood pot. I feel kinda "inadequate" after looking at the collections on this post.

That one call can call in a turkey in every state in the great U.S., except Alaska.

Matter of fact, next time I order with him I'm gunna ask for one specifically made to call one into Alaska. I bet he could make one that's up to the challenge.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

moyehow

Nice bunch of hens there!!