turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

M2 Vest (Tethrd)

Started by wyetterp, February 18, 2023, 02:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borsy

Thanks for the reply. Anyone one out there who owns one of these that can confirm for certain how the seat system works?

Dtrkyman

Newer videos show how it works, check out youtube.   

mountainhunter1

Quote from: BDeal on March 08, 2023, 06:08:01 PM
Quote from: TBoo on March 08, 2023, 04:21:27 PM
So somebody please correct me.  From what i believe I read, it is $299 with either the bird bag or the backpack.  Then if you want to add the additional pouches vertically on the back it is $50 extra.  That's $350?  Love the fact it is made in USA and you can customize it, but that's still a stretch for me realistically for a vest.  Nice looking vest and options though.

Yes it looks like you get basically 2 pockets in the front and the game bag for $300 if I understand correctly and have to pay a bunch more to add pockets. Way overpriced to get so little storage capacity. I don't like a turkey vest for deer hunting either so I would never use it for that. I would have no problem with the $300 price if it had better capacity.

I love my Old Tom vest and my Glenda Green satchel and will stay with that, but to reply to your concerns, - if you choose to go with the Hydration bag instead of the bird bag, that setup will haul more than any of us need to be carrying to turkey hunt anyway. And The two front pockets hold more than some may think and the ability to rearrange the configurations of those pockets endlessly is a game changer that hopefully more vests will follow suit on. But that hydration bag is pretty roomy and awesome with the separate zippered compartments on the inside and also the extra stretch pocket on the outside of the bag that also utilizes a bungee system to keep stuff like a jacket or hoody in that outside pocket secure. 
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

gmbellew

I love that it is made in USA, and the cost for made in USA doesn't seem out of line to me. I think the front pockets tend to stick out a little too far and they seem that they are down a little too low. the benefit is that it is a strap setup so will be cooler. also, being able to rearrange the insides of the pockets is nice. there are always tradeoffs.

wyetterp

After watching the newer video's tethrd put out, I can see how you could adjust the front pouches & the belt to be higher or lower, out front or more inward.

There's a lot that's really well thought out. I love the idea of being able to attach a ifak & tourniquet in different locations. Plus plenty of options to attach a permanent thermacell. Can't live without that.

Not to mention you could attach any kind of molle pouches made by other companies if you like.

I would like to see a way the backpack portion could be detached without having to remove the vest to get to it. As of now it's attached threaded through the buckles. I think.

Price seems fair considering what I'm seeing in it.

I guess I like it cause I made it through a 40 minute video going over a bunch of the details. Refreshing to see some useful innovations. I think they did good with it & looking forward to version two already. Hopefully in new bottomland.

If my grounded impact makes it through a full season the M2 will likely be my replacement for the next season.

Still waiting to see how we are supposed to get the extra little accessories, like pot holders & all the little velcro internal pocket stuff. As of now they aren't for sale in the accessory section yet. I sure hope they will be soon for everyone to customize.

I bet if you emailed them before you ordered they might sell whatever you wanted/needed. Looks like they're slowly rolling everything out & constantly updating.

We'll see. Kinda impressed so far. Of course there's things I'd like to see different or tweaked, but overall I really like what I see.

Hoping some of the tethrd guys join og. They stay very active with keeping up with the saddle hunters & would love to see that with the turkey hunters also. It is a huge market to tap into for sure. 

Looking forward to seeing how it holds up & what we think of it after heavy use. I'm sure there'll be some interesting diy customizations in the near future. Some comical I hope.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Tom007

Quote from: wyetterp on March 13, 2023, 03:19:42 AM
After watching the newer video's tethrd put out, I can see how you could adjust the front pouches & the belt to be higher or lower, out front or more inward.

There's a lot that's really well thought out. I love the idea of being able to attach a ifak & tourniquet in different locations. Plus plenty of options to attach a permanent thermacell. Can't live without that.

Not to mention you could attach any kind of molle pouches made by other companies if you like.

I would like to see a way the backpack portion could be detached without having to remove the vest to get to it. As of now it's attached threaded through the buckles. I think.

Price seems fair considering what I'm seeing in it.

I guess I like it cause I made it through a 40 minute video going over a bunch of the details. Refreshing to see some useful innovations. I think they did good with it & looking forward to version two already. Hopefully in new bottomland.

If my grounded impact makes it through a full season the M2 will likely be my replacement for the next season.

Still waiting to see how we are supposed to get the extra little accessories, like pot holders & all the little velcro internal pocket stuff. As of now they aren't for sale in the accessory section yet. I sure hope they will be soon for everyone to customize.

I bet if you emailed them before you ordered they might sell whatever you wanted/needed. Looks like they're slowly rolling everything out & constantly updating.

We'll see. Kinda impressed so far. Of course there's things I'd like to see different or tweaked, but overall I really like what I see.

Hoping some of the tethrd guys join og. They stay very active with keeping up with the saddle hunters & would love to see that with the turkey hunters also. It is a huge market to tap into for sure. 

Looking forward to seeing how it holds up & what we think of it after heavy use. I'm sure there'll be some interesting diy customizations in the near future. Some comical I hope.

I saw the same video, well done. The only negative things I saw was the box call holder, "apparent" quality, thickness of the material seemed to be lacking. Also, the shoulder straps seemed skimpy. I think with a few modifications, they are on the right track. Again, maybe in person, the materials are sufficient. Have to get it in hand to really know.....I wish them huge success!
"Solo hunter"

Old Timer

The Hunting Public has package deal on their site. The larges are sold out. I do not see any shoulder padding is the turn off for me. One thing to be aware of they are not a lightweight vest. 4-4.3 lbs minimum. Good luck guys

TauntoHawk

The issue isn't a $300 US made vest when you look at the last 3 or 4 non US made vests to hit the market. It's also not that they helped design and test it, they did that with tetherd saddles, it's a sponsorship, whatever good for them.

I think a lot of the distaste I'm seeing is that they started on a portrayal of "everyday" public hunter type that was their lure and claim to relevance. You don't need matching camo or fancy gear to get out and hunt. Now they are pimping and pushing hard on high end products, seems flip floppy.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Greg Massey

I saw a video of a guy using one of these new M2 vests and he was already having to modify the Vest, especially the little mouth call pocket on the shoulder strap. He showed other parts of the Vest and i didn't care for it myself BUT i did like the bottomland material that Mossy Oak helped them use on the vest.  Good luck with whoever buys one ... USA made nothing wrong with that at all...

Dazzler

jumiss

Just retired my 20 year old Ol' Tom vest and replaced it with the new Grounded 2.0 vest. It was more than I wanted to spend but if it lasts as long as my Ol' Tom did...well, I figure it was worth the price.

Jmillwood21

Anyone used or checked out the final rise vest. Looks like the same deal as the m2. But a little different.  Weighs a pound or more less also. $300+ tho.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Jmillwood21 on March 15, 2023, 01:09:50 PM
Anyone used or checked out the final rise vest. Looks like the same deal as the m2. But a little different.  Weighs a pound or more less also. $300+ tho.
I put one together online and it was $455 to match what the M2 comes with.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Matt76cmich

My M2 showed up last night. I'm 6'5" 330# and the large fits me with room to spare. I only had time to put things together and make a few quick adjustments, but I think I'm about 95% there as far as fitment.

To me this is the vest I have been looking for and wanted my Grounded vest to be.  The real test will be here at the end of April when my season starts here in Michigan.

I didn't buy this because THP or Tetherd "pimp" it (heaven forbid they make a little money off of it). I bought this vest because it fits my needs, it's American made, and I can see where I'll be able to use this outside of turkey season (I'm slowly changing as much of my hunting/fishing stuff to American made as I can).

When it comes down to it if you don't like the product or price then just don't buy it. All of the negative comments on the M2 and the Mr Fox Vest don't do any good for hunters in my opinion.  Ok, I'll step off my soapbox now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk