only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite striker on each surface...

Started by Big Jeremy, February 16, 2023, 01:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

Quote from: JLH on March 12, 2023, 06:09:23 PM
He makes all kinds of stuff????
Yeah, I hear he's a pretty cool fella who makes some pretty cool stuff!  :funnyturkey:

wyetterp

Now that I got a decent size variety of strikers, from several different makers, I have to say the JLH tss cedar is something special. It will always ride in my vest.

It plays well soft, loud, & purrs purdy on every surface I have. Where it's unique is the way it makes every call sound like a much younger hen compared to everything else. It's dramatically different. If I had my back turned, most would guess it was a totally different pot.

I have some strikers I like more than others on certain surfaces, but Jeffs tss cedar pairs well with all of them. If you ever want to sound like two hens together on the same pot grab one.

Also got a green all weather waterproof stricker from Sinclair. Not a clue what it is made with, or from. I was surprised how well it sounds on everything. The sound is pretty similar to mac ebony on every surface I've used it on. Even worked well on a wet slate. Doesn't skip a beat purrs away on all the wet surfaces across the board. 
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.