OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recommendations on Ceramic Pot Calls

Started by GunRunner, February 13, 2023, 11:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greentrout

Travis Wyatt makes a stone cold killer of a ceramic if you can get one.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

longbow2240

Picked up a Houndstooth mahogany ceramic back in the fall. It's a talker and I'm sure it's going to the woods with me this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ThunderChickenGetter

My Buster in Mahoe is a killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TScottW99

I've had quite a few over the years and there's always one in my vest. This year I bought the new David Hallooran Top Shelf ceramic and it's my new favorite. I can not wait to get this out in the mountains this spring. https://davidhalloranturkeycalls.com/top-shelf-ceramic-black-tan-edition/
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Hevishot 13

chbarnha

Ceramic is my surface of choice, I have several what I consider to be very good ceramics. My stumpy in a sycamore pot is great, I also carry a big j calls ceramic that is in a mike battey designed pot plastic pot, that call will absolutely scream. At unicoi this year I picked up a schaeffer ceramic in walnut pot and I am pretty sure this call will go on most hunts this year. It is probably my favorite out of the ceramics that I have. Another one to not count out is a Stanley Wymbs Black lightning ceramic. This call is right up there with the others as well. They will all see time this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

turkey stew

I just purchased a Jim Shelley ceramic cherry pot. This pot is an awesome running pot from a fine person and it does'nt break the bank!

Greg Massey

Quote from: turkey stew on March 13, 2023, 08:08:55 PM
I just purchased a Jim Shelley ceramic cherry pot. This pot is an awesome running pot from a fine person and it does'nt break the bank!
You got a good one, I have a bunch of ceramics and Jim - ceramic is one of the best ... The one i have from Jim is one of his older ceramics in a cherry pot...

Bk2outdoors

I have the heart breaker by Lonnie sneed, buster/mahoe, stumpy/mahoe, mark Cornelius/limba all in ceramic and all of them sound very good but the buster to me is the best with MAC a close second...

turkey stew

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 13, 2023, 09:38:17 PM
Quote from: turkey stew on March 13, 2023, 08:08:55 PM
You got a good one, I have a bunch of ceramics and Jim - ceramic is one of the best ... The one i have from Jim is one of his older ceramicgxs in a cherry pot...
Thank you, From running the pot I just received Jim is still turning a very good ceramic!

Wvgobbler

David Halloran cherry/purple heart sassy ceramic best I've ever heard or ran... I own a few ceramic calls and non compare to that one. Good luck finding one.

Lon Trice makes a really good ceramic. I own 5 from him and all 5 sound amazing and will kill turkeys any day.

Gary Anderson Padauk ceramic is also a really good one. Has a unique sound that the gobblers like. Especially late season when they've heard it all. I've got several responses from that one and killed a few with it.

Notsoyoungturk

I would add Wendell Rye to the list.  He made me a dogwood ceramic that is fantastic.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Ches.

Or, you could buy a pre turned pot and make your own. Grassy Creek sells Ceramic disks and you can get the kind of sound board you can dream up. I finish all my calls with Tru-Oil but you could use spray Urethane. All the pots I have bought are very close to finished. Just a little light sanding and finishing. Just a thought.
Or, they sell plastic pots all you need to do is glue up for a water proof call.
Ches.

Ridge Strutter

I just took delivery of one from stumpy, ceramic / walnut pot.  It has replaced my Holloran.... And the Halloran  is pretty dang good.   Stumpys customer service is also as good as it gets.

Deast1988

Gary Anderson Daybreak custom makes great ones. Got a couple different combos of his.